Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

nHancer and Windows 7/DX11?

My basic question is will nHancer work with DX11 found in Windows 7? I just recently upgraded from Windows XP with DX9.0c and was very happy with nHancer. However, I also have seen all the statements that nHancer does not work with DX10.Now I know that FSX does not run in DX11 and basically either runs in DX9 or pseudo DX10 under DX11's backwards compatability. However, I don't know if nHancer's effect depends on the application or the operating system and native DX.So, if I am running FSX under Windows 7/DX11, but with the DX10 preview turned off is nHancer still useful?Thanks.

Eric Szczesniak

My basic question is will nHancer work with DX11 found in Windows 7? I just recently upgraded from Windows XP with DX9.0c and was very happy with nHancer. However, I also have seen all the statements that nHancer does not work with DX10.Now I know that FSX does not run in DX11 and basically either runs in DX9 or pseudo DX10 under DX11's backwards compatability. However, I don't know if nHancer's effect depends on the application or the operating system and native DX.So, if I am running FSX under Windows 7/DX11, but with the DX10 preview turned off is nHancer still useful?Thanks.
nHancer is still (very) usefull with FSX running in (default) DX9-mode! Officially nHancer should be useless when you use the DX10-preview, however, I personally found out it is even usefull with DX10 and specific drivers, because I got Vsync working in DX10 that way. However, nHancer's FSAA won't work with DX10-preview, only in DX9 mode.

nHancer is still (very) usefull with FSX running in (default) DX9-mode! Officially nHancer should be useless when you use the DX10-preview, however, I personally found out it is even usefull with DX10 and specific drivers, because I got Vsync working in DX10 that way. However, nHancer's FSAA won't work with DX10-preview, only in DX9 mode.
Have you found a way to force FSAA to work with DX10-preview in W7? I haven't!

Have you found a way to force FSAA to work with DX10-preview in W7? I haven't!
However, nHancer's FSAA won't work with DX10-preview, only in DX9 mode.
:(

Sounds like some things need to be clarified here:1. nHancer doesn't actually do anything other than activate features that are already present in the Nvidia driver. It's a graphical front end for editing a file called nvapps.xml that stores all your game profiles - it just happens to have some extra options available that aren't there in the Nvidia control panel. (which is just a different (worse imo) front end for editing the same file) Because of this fact, saying it works with a particular DX version doesn't really have any meaning - it simply lets you modify your game profiles and use settings that are in the driver but aren't normally accessible.2. A game has to be programmed for a specific DirectX version, just having DX11 in Windows 7 doesn't mean anything will use it. FSX is DX9 and DX10 only. Having DX11 does absolutely nothing for it.3. Forced AA does not work in DX10 mode - this is an issue with many games (most notably the Unreal 3 engine ones), not just FSX. The card maker can enable it through driver tricks, but this will never get done for FSX because they don't care about it. It only gets done for huge games like Bioshock, Mass Effect etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com