Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

Modified J41 aircraft.cfg

Hi,Are PMDG happy for me to upload a modified J41 aircraft.cfg file?Best regards,Robin.

Can you just post the camera definitions with instructions on how to add them? The aircraft.cfg is part of the product and we can't have it getting posted.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,This is the modified Captains View. Zoom = 0.60. Panned down. Pan null-zone has the PFD and half the ND, looking forward.Zooming out to 0.50 presents the left engine instruments and a bit of the right. You can still see the wingtip and propeller from this position.J41-1.jpgSame view as above, just looking up slightly.J41-VC2.jpgOverhead from the Captains view:J41-6.jpgThis is the "2D Panel View". It is trying to simulate a 2D panel, and is quite useful when transitioning from hand flying to autopilot. Especially useful in the TMA when things are busy. Easy access to both radios, and the click spot for quick access to the FMS/Autopilot. If you dock the AP panel to the bottom right, it sits neatly below the AP mode buttons on the glare shield.J41-2DView.jpgBest regards,Robin.

Here are the camera definitions used above.* BACKUP FILES MENTIONED BELOW FIRST !!!!!!!* Ensure FS is *NOT* running!* Use Notepad to edit the file* Edit aircraft.cfg in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100* Scroll to the Camera Definition section* Paste this after CameraDefinition.005* Re-number all SUBSEQUENT Camera Definitions (IMPORTANT!)* DELETE the line "HotKeySelect=1" from CameraDefinition.001* Save the fileF9 = Captains SeatF10 = 2D Panel ViewF11 and F12 = UNAFFECTED

[CameraDefinition.006]Title = "Captains Seat"Guid = {2D441FE5-5C7A-426b-8DAB-B86B38C2A02D}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NOSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.60SmoothZoomTime = 0.1ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=40HeadingPanRate=100InitialXyz=0, 0.035924769937992096, -0.14479263126850128InitialPbh=14.765624046325684, 0, -0PanAcceleratorTime=0HotKeySelect=1[CameraDefinition.007]Title = "2D Panel View"Guid = {2D441FE5-5C7A-426b-8DAB-B86B38C2A02E}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NOSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.60SmoothZoomTime = 0.1ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.19268916547298431, 0.033972356468439102, -0.29758968949317932InitialPbh=14.765624046325684, 0, -0PanAcceleratorTime=0HotKeySelect=2

Best regards,Robin.

Thanks Robin, very nice, i especially love the simulated 2D one, when i finally buy the J41 ill be sure to add these mods.EDIT: Do you plan to create any for the FO side?

Thanks Robin, very nice, i especially love the simulated 2D one, when i finally buy the J41 ill be sure to add these mods.EDIT: Do you plan to create any for the FO side?
Thank you Robin, without any incident I managed to add your modes. You did achieve "Excellent" job for J41.Best regardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I am one of the dudes struggling with 2D or not to 2D.With your modification it might do the job...so still considering this...anyway, if you reset the view (I think it is ctrl+space - or was it alt+space) does it centersback to your modified view then ?- the reason for asking is the following:I am using tripleHead2go with trackIR (total 4 monitor) and as indicated in other posts moving in the VC limitsthe situational awareness sometimes - depending on what phase of flight you are in and the workflow.At those moments -like when doing ILS landings - I want the view to be centered in the VC and I do have a 4thmonitor with my 2D panel on it. At that time I pause trackIR and center the view stabilizing the out-of-the-window-viewand still have to look down for my instruments. This way I get all information I need to fly...Now suppose I adjust the cfg as you suggest, do I center back to the view as like in the screenshot as you showed above ?Normally when I "move seat" and I click the center button for TrackIR the screen jumps back to its default values...Can you help me out here pls ?

if you reset the view (I think it is ctrl+space - or was it alt+space) does it centersback to your modified view then ?
Yes. You can use Ctrl+Space "safely" and not have to shift the view again.I can set up the F/O side as well - I need a bit of time though as I have some work to do and it takes a bit of time to set up and do.Best regards,Robin.

Honestly guys, once you buy this bird - you'll quickly realize it was the best $45 spent on a FSX product. Frankly - I would've paid $100 for this plane. I used to be a 2D panel guy only before the RealAir Duke was released. Once PMDG informed us that the J41 would be a VC only, I wasn't disappointed at all. This is a completely new flying experience that everyone should try. The immersion of this VC is something I've never seen before. Now, I don't ever want to go back to 2D panels. You're just missing so much. To anyone struggling on decisions to purchase this plane - just do it. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.