Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

J41 - Jetstream to Alaska

I thought I'd throw up a few more shots -- the JS41 will separate the men from the boys when it comes to flying skill, so it seems only appropriate to take her up to Southeast Alaska, where the flying ain't for the faint of heart. This flight took us from Sitka to Wrangell.1J4142538.jpgRunning through the cockpit checks while we wait for our scheduled departure.1J4142541.jpgLeft engine start; In a moment, I'll call for the ground crew to disconnect the power cart.1J4142542.jpgWaiting for the morning freight -- a Dash-7 just pulling off the runway.1J4142543.jpgThere he goes -- the taxiway is ours, now.1J4142545.jpgAccelerating into the soup.1J4142549.jpgWe break out at 8,000 feet, and we'll be crossing the Chatham Strait in a couple minutes.1J4142551.jpgJust before we begin our descent, a few miles short of Level Island VOR.1J4142553.jpgOh, NOW it's clearing up... Breaking out of the messy stuff, on the LDA/DME-C approach, in the landing configuration.1J4142559.jpgThrottles to full reverse, the spoilers deploy.1J4142562.jpgAnd we're ready for the turnaround at the "Man's Head" terminal.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Looks good, is that all default scenery in those pictures?

Guest KHAOS

I dig the primer. Great shots. I'll second the previous poster and say the same thing - default scenery?BTW, PMDG - I am STILL in awe over the quality of the VC. Very nicely done.

Nope, not default -- that's FSAddon's Tongass Fjords.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I am extremely impressed with the addition of passengers being visible in the passenger cabin. To my knowledge, no one else has done that and in my opinion, it's about time someone did. Bravo! Are they animated (i.e. the passenger's head looks around at the view out the window or they hold up a newspaper, etc) or are they fixed in place?

Matt,Yeah, that's a pretty cool feature! No animation at the moment, but who knows what tricks the developers have up their sleeves?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK