Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

Captains-I mentioned late last week that had some features coming with the PMDG 737NGX that would be sure to please the gadget freaks in our midst...We thought you might enjoy these preview images... They largely speak for themselves, but let me point out a few things, in case they aren't obvious to you at first glance:1) These are Alpha images- so don't panic if you see something that isn't spec yet. 2) These are free floating images to refine the technology. In a bit we will be able to show you what this will look like in the 3D environment of the VC, and in a 2D popup view...3) Yes, that is a runway outline you see there...4) Yes, fully collimated, etc etc etc...This is just one of a few new gadgets we are adding to the airplane to expand the simulation experience. Nothing like a little innovation to keep things exciting, eh?NGX_HUD_1.jpgNGX_HUD_2.jpgNGX_HUD_3.jpg

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

This is gonna be the coolest thing you guys have ever seen in the VC with a Track IR - in case anyone doesn't know what optical collimation is, it means that as you move your head position around in the VC, the graphics being projected onto the HUD will maintain their alignment to the horizon, runway etc. A couple of military sims like the VRS F/A-18 have this too, but I don't think anyone's done it in an airliner yet. It's insanely cool looking.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That is purely Awesome! I can't wait. I don't yet have track IR, but will probably get it soon since it would go nice with my triplehead2go setup. I would have it already but am just now starting to use the VC more than 2D.Sad though at the same time,,, I was hoping what was meant by gadget peops (like me), meant the SDK that was mentioned a couple years ago of being looked into further was finally coming our way. To me, that would be the ultimate news. But of course realize builders are a very small group. Any word on if the SDK is still being investigated?EDIT: Woot, thanks Ryan (post below). Now that as someone else already said, is what gives me goosebumps!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Sad though at the same time,,, I was hoping what was meant by gadget peops (like me), meant the SDK that was mentioned a couple years ago of being looked into further was finally coming our way. To me, that would be the ultimate news.
Don't assume we're not doing that. :(

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

WOW! That is just fantastic! :( The PMDG 737NGX will be the BEST 737 in Flight Simulation history. :(

Dan-We'll give more information on that just as soon as the implementation is finalized. It is currently being installed- so....Lets just say that we are looking to give the hardware, software and add-on developers the greatest amount of flexibility possible...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert, I've followed a lot of threads on the subject and have always kept my fingers crossed and remained hopeful :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Very nice images and very good news about the SDK. Thanks!

Very nice!Can't wait to start smashing this into the tarmac around Europe! :)CheersPaul

Guest acezboy561

Simply amazing :) Im smelling a avsim gold star :(

Wooow!This Screenshots are amazing. Cant wait to fly with this baby :-)Michael k.