Sign in to follow this  
Guest jag007

EXPORTING FLIGHT PLANS to PMDG FMC ???? is it possible

Guest jag007

Helllllo ! :)Ok Firstly I just neeed to say that this PMDG aircraft is fantastic. However I seem to have a few problems. What program can I use to either save or transfer a flight plan across to the PMDG folder so that when I load the FMC up I simply have to click which plan I want and heyy presto. I own a copy of FSNAV but im not sure if you can transfer any of the saved plans into the PMDG/FMC folder so that they appear on the map display ?Last but not least Ive installed the nav data ie the most current one 1309 or something plus a file from the PMDG site for sids/stars however most of my flying is done within Europe and theres bairly a handful of airports with sids/stars in the UK. How can I get a hold of almost all of the sids/stars available in the uk or even in the rest of Europe ? P.S iTS JUST THAT THE ABOVE TWO ARE KINDA HOLDING ME BACK FROM DOING ANY SEIOUS FLYING FROM THE uK TO Europe

Guest moshe_be

For first question - FSBuildSID/STARS contain many for europe too.

Guest jag007

Thankyou so much looks like I have the wrong program here. I have FSNAV. Ill go and download FSBUILD . Is it easy enough to save the file and then simply place it into the PMDG/FMC folder and then hey presto or is it more intense. Otherwise Thanks for the reply Juan Garcia-MendezGlasgow

Juan,in FSBUILD you first define the location of the sim (at least in FSBUILD 2.0 but I think it's the same in the freeware version which would be 1.4.something), then create the route and then it is automatically exported to the right folder on your disk.Then when you want to load the route you created, say between EGLL and EHAM, you simply enter EGLLEHAM on the COROUTE LSK in the FMC and voil

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest akirabbq

You can try my PLN2RTE program for converting FS2002/2004's .pln file to .rte format.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...atID=fs2004utilCreate a flight plan in FSNav's first, export the plan as FS2002/FS2004 format, and then convert the exported .pln file by PLN2RTE. Sounds a bit clumsy but it's easy to do so after you get used to it. :)Don't delete the .pln file yet after the conversion, you can get an IFR clearance if you load the .pln file into the FS's flight planner. FS's ATC works fine with PMDG's FMC as soon as both planners using the same plan. FSNav's FMS is out of luck since PMDG's 737 is not using the default autopilot system. If the weather goes bad in FS9 you can't live without the clearance.

Guest jag007

Dam I wish I hadnt registered FSBUILD NOW :( Ill try both thoguh Thanky you reagards from London/Scotland Juan JAG :)

Guest jag007

eXEcellent seems very simple. Give me 24 hours and Ill be on track.Juan JAG

G'Day Guys - I am a little lost with this rte2 procedure. After I have converted it where does it get put and where should I put it?!Thanks Alex - YSSY

Guest jag007

Alex how are we doing ...well Ive just received an email from this guy from FSBUILD and he said to install this file fsb210.zipNow I guess this is the next update from version 2.0 which i have only downloaded 3 days ago. Hopefully theres an option within fsbuild now that will export the flight plan to the PMDG FMC ...Good luck cause at 03:09 am GMT im gonna go and see what happeens althoguh saying that Im having trouble installing these files. Good nes knows where I have to place themHappy flyingJuan JAGBA Engineering Glasgow 737/A320'S ;)

Guest malgeorge

Alex.Have you got as far as exporting the fsnav flightplan (xxx.fsn) to fs2004.If so, you have a file called xxxx.pln in your flight simulator folder.PLN2RTEClick on the PLN2RTE.exe file and a rectangular window appears.In the output folder, browse and point to: x:/Progam FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGFLIGHTPLANSThe upper part has the following in red: Drag and drop any .pln files here. Just do that, drag and drop the xxx.pln over the red writing.This will convert the xxxx.pln to xxx.rte and place in the PMDG flightplans folder.For simplicity, I named the flightplan the same throughout the convertion. As an example.A flight plan from Jersey (egjj) to Manchester (egcc), I called it jers2man, the files become jers2man.fsn, jers2man.pln and jers2man.rteWhen loading the FMC, on the ROUTE page, in the scratchpad area, type jers2man and then the co route (company route) key.It sounds a little messy but once you get used to it, it only takes a few moments to complete.Hope this is of some help.Mal

Gday Mal - thanks alot. That's exactly what I needed :-) Thanks again - Alex / YSSY