Sign in to follow this  
Guest speight

Headsets for online ATC voice comms

Guest speight

Wonder if any of you gentlemen have good knowledge of which headset would work best without shutting the flight sim sounds out from the main speakers, yet allow the controllers voice to come over the earphones? I don,t really require stereo, but it would help, I do need comfort and durability, I can use a usb or plug straight into souncard.At the moment, I only have a bog standard desktop mike.Your comments would be welcome, thanks.

Guest ba747heavy

Not sure if this is what your asking, but I have setup my computer to have voice come out only on my headphones, and the enviornment sounds come out of my speakers. I did this by having two sound cards installed (one PCI and the other onboard sound), and I have the speakers hooked up to one sound card, the headphones to another. In AVC I just select the proper soundcard to allow the ATC to come over my headphones.As to what model you should use - I don't know. I do know that whatever generic model I have sucks, very uncomfortable.

Guest sas323

A USB headset is just the perfect option if you like the atc in the earphones! I use a Logitech headset usb 30 and it's simply great! Just plug it in and it will pop up in the avc audio setup so that you can select it as output-device. It makes online flying much easier. Good luck!//Johan Bergstr

Guest Buck Bolduc

I use a "Plantronics", dont have the info here right now. Do a Google search. It,s an excelent headset, about $30-40 dollars.Regards

Guest rellehenk

I have a Logitech USB headset. It's great, plug and play :D

Guest schmidtrock

Plantronics is the way to go. USB so you don't need a second sound card. Works great ! You can get one at Best Buy

Guest Paul Heaney

Like the other folks said, Plantronics, Nuff said.

amazon.com has the DSP 500 for 72$ (if you're lucky and live in the US) they don't ship overseas :'(Luca

I got 15 euro headset from Hama yesterday. Works perfectly and everyone understands me. Why give so much money if 15 euro does the job?

Give a look at the specs and decide if it makes sense. :) For 150$ probably not, but getting it for 72.... :D Bye, Luca

I have a Soundblaster Extigy USB soundcard that I use together with my headset. With FSUIPC I define a button on the yoke as a "talk"-button and that works perfectly. But if I want to use my Labtec USB Headset for communicating over AVC (or in my case Roger Wilco), how can I make FSUIPC understand that pressing the "talk"-button should activate the microphone on the USB headset and not the headset that I would normally have connected to the Extigy? To be honest I haven't done any experimenting myself yet, but since obviously some of you do use a usb headset AND a soundcard, you might already have the answer! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------