Sign in to follow this  
Guest pranavkumarz

pln2rte: step-by-step

Guest pranavkumarz

Greetings!I just can't figure the pln2rte utility out. I know its very simple but I guess I'm doing something silly. I mean I am using it in some way or the other, but I do get heading directions from ATC which are contrary to the FMC route...So I think Im doing something wrong.Can anyone:Guide me through this step-by-step?Also is having pln2rte good enough to completely convert flight plans from .pln to.rte and also enable us to fly with MSFS ATC?Appreciate your help.Thanks,Pranav737-600/700NG

Guest dave67

Pranav Personally i would purchase FS Build2,i have and prefer that to pln2rte utility.The route is accurate with MSFS ATC.Regards Dave

Guest Buck Bolduc

Pranav hit the nail on the head.FSBuild will (when set up properly) generate a .pln AND a .rte file at the SAME time.The FP,s are the same but in both formats, one for FS and one for your FMC.After you generate the plans you can pick it from FS,s load button.After loading your PMDG aircraft you can go to the Nav Data/FLPLNS page and load the same plan into the FMC.Works pretty well.I think it,s on the Options Tab in FSBuild where you can tell it what aircraft your using etc., once setup it,s all pretty streightforward un less you change aircrafts.Regards

Guest merchant

>Greetings!>>I just can't figure the pln2rte utility out. I know its very>simple but I guess I'm doing something silly. I mean I am>using it in some way or the other, but I do get heading>directions from ATC which are contrary to the FMC route...So I>think Im doing something wrong.>>Can anyone:>>Guide me through this step-by-step?>>Also is having pln2rte good enough to completely convert>flight plans from .pln to.rte and also enable us to fly with>MSFS ATC?>>Appreciate your help.>>Thanks,>>Pranav>737-600/700NG>>>Pln2Rte is a drag and drop utility.1) Start the program from Explorer2) Set the output directory to PMDG flightplans directory ex.,drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGFLIGHTPLANS3) Drag and drop the .PLN file on the Pln2Rte window.4) Click OK on the finish dialog.6) Import the flightplan from the FMC's NAVDATA page.7) Load the .PLN flightplan into MSFS for interaction with ATC or skip this step.HTH