Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

Message saying FS9 installation not found? Read!

Thanks for the fix Robert. I had the problem yesterday after I downloaded the sound update, but didn't have time to post or check it out.

Guest milliotseb

hiI confirm I had that problemSolved with fs9 reg path utility from fstweakNow we need the same soft for fs X path ;)

Guest samrec

The real thing is that installing FSX does not causes the problem, the problem is caused when you unistall FSX as it deletes the whole Microsoft Flight Simulator registry entry instead of the FSX sub key on it.Thanks for the link to the tool.cheers

Guest HK-8123

Robert:Thank you for your suggestion.I already ran the tool. Should I now uninstall/reinstall the 373NG aircrafts ?RegardsGustavo

Guest John Khan

SamuelI had this problem when FSX was still installed on the computer aswell as after I uninstalled it.I fixed it with the tweakfs utility, for anyone who wants it:- http://tweakfs.com/download/fs9path_utility.zipOr the other one mentioned above in another post.regardsJohn Khan

....and THANK YOU so much for this note:-beerchug Jesper

Guest alexislora

You make it sound like some real high tech military high clearance secret. It sounds like my job in the military. I'm set to go back to Iraq in November. My only wish is to at least enjoy the MD11, 737X, and the 747 in all FSX game. So please, not in hurry, but, please, just please release it before then, because I don't know if I'm going to get blown up. Thanks.Alex

Guest MrSteve

I just wanted to make a note here... You will have to use this tool after installing FSX SP1. SP1 is removing the info needed for "all" PMDG add ons (aircraft).

Hi All,Mew member here so be patient with me.I have had to uninstall 747-400 from my new vista PC due to errors.I cannot now re-install and am constantly getting the message that I don't have flight simulator installed.I have read all the posts and have used the registry repair tools but continue to get the same message.I would appreciate some assistance in getting this great plane back on my system and airborne again.I have tried contacting PMDG direcdt by email but to date have had no response.Many ThanksJohn Fairman

Guest davekay

Hello,Try temporally turning off 'UAC' in vista.. Howto....http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/Then run the registry fix utility again (UAC may have prevented the registry from being modified)....... After this rerun PMDG installer again.I turned off UAC permanently as it was casing me too much hassle... just careful what I install and watchful of sites I visit.Regards.. DaveKay

Guest stayup

Hi,I already have FSX installed on my Vista machine and plan to install FS9 along with the PMDG 737NG on my new computer.My question is should I use the Fl1 registry tool after installing FS9 prior to installing the 737? Will any of this damage the FSX that is presently operating on my computer?Thanks,Irv Strongin

Guest tezbedz

Hi I have run the Fl1 registry tool, and get the following message:E:ProgramFilesMicrosoftgamesFS9 successfully added to HKEY_Local_MachineSoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoftGamesFlightSimulator9.0Exe.path!I have installed the fs91upd and ensured the FS9.Exe is the genuine one not the "NoCD" File.I still get the No Flight Simulator Message, Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?RegardsTerry

Hi,I did not run into this problem by installing FSX in a seperate partition - with those gigantic HDD its no problem to create a seperate partition and keep both sims completely seperate

>Hi,>I did not run into this problem by installing FSX in a>seperate partition - with those gigantic HDD its no problem to>create a seperate partition and keep both sims completely>seperateThat shouldn't make a difference unless you mean that each partition has its own Windows install that you're booting to... The registry where this stuff is stored is gonna be the same regardless of what drive letter you install the sims to.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest DVA3672

I for one don't have or never have had FS9 on my CPU. However, when trying to install 747X last night, the install program tried to update my FS9. When it obviously could not find it, the install failed. It tried to update FS9 automatically. Could this be one of the problems with the install and CTS and dll files that everyone is experiencing?Chris