Sign in to follow this  
Guest hangar744

Aileron lockout system: PASSED

Guest hangar744

Hi there,I just performed a detailed check of the outboard aileron lockout system logic (FS9744F v1.2). The results came out surprisingly good. More than I expected and definitely more then they mentioned in the PMDG manual. The lock and unlock commands occur at the correct speeds, Mach number and group A L/E position (in primary and alternate) All they mentioned about this logic in the PMDG 747-400 AOM (rev.26JUL05) is the following:***Two sets of ailerons are provided on eachwing. The outboard ailerons areautomatically locked out when the flaps arein the UP position and airspeed increasesbeyond 235 KIAS or .52 Mach. Reducingspeed below these threshold limits, orselecting flaps out of UP will restoreoutboard aileron function.***Well, it is a little more complex on the real kite. PMDG got this right, though. Well done. All those ADC's, FCU's and SRM's will cause:-a lock command, when the group A L/E flaps are retracted and either the airspeed is above 238 knots or the Mach number is above 0.53M.-an unlock command, when the group A L/E flaps are not retracted or airspeed is below 232 knots and Mach number is below 0.51M.The previous lock/unlock command is retained with either airspeed between 232 and 238 knots and Mach number less than 0.53M or Mach number between 0.51M and 0.53M and airspeed less than 238 knots.So thumbs up for PMDG. This little extra info could be mentioned in the next AOM rev.regards and happy lockouts,delcom

delcom-Yeah- we (actually- i think I should say "I" here) apparently didn't test my own work on the lockout definitions. I'm not sure how that one skated by for 2.5 years before you noticed it. ;-)we're working up a full manual set for the 400. No ETA yet- as we're also a bit swamped with the MD-11... but it's coming...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Delcom-I wanted to thank you for your last couple of postings- this one and the one on Autobrakes. I enjoy flying the fat girl as realistically as possible, and your insight into the nuances of systems functionality is greatly appreciated. Please keep them coming- I learn from each one!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest hangar744

Carl,you are welcome...I help where I just can.regards,delcom