Sign in to follow this  
Guest stubbornswiss

747-400X Re-Install

Guest stubbornswiss

Greetings!Having just completed a full system restore of my vista pc, I am in the process of rebuilding my FSX simulator.I'm pleased to inform that the installation of FSX, FSX SP1, and Acceleration went without a hitch. Quite unlike my first install (prior to Vista SP1), when I had so many issues, including FSX not showing up in Add/Remove Programs as "FSX", and also having to "tweak" the registry before installing Acceleration. Yes... I spent many, many hours on the phone with MS tech support, both with people who knew what they were talking about and those who didn't! I am now ready to re-install my PMDG 747-400X, and I have a couple of questions.1. I have saved to my HD the .exe file of the original version I purchased, Ver. 2.00.0031. Is it okay to go ahead and just reinstall this file? I still have the email from PMDG with my order ID and all necessary information.2. I did infact start the install process using the saved .exe file, but during the "Preparing Setup" phase, I am getting a message saying: "NOTAM: Your FSX Version is more recent than FSX SP1. This product was tested primarily using FSX-SP1, Acceleration and SP2. Please see the PMDG customer support forum if you experience problems with any versions newer than these!"Hmm....this is pretty strange to me, as what I have loaded is FSX, then FSX SP 1, then Acceleration.Please assist!Thank you

Albert,1. Install that and then install the recent service update we released.2. Yeah this is just a cautionary message we have in there in case ACES released another FSX patch (which won't be happening). Just ignore it.By the way, Acceleration includes everything that was in SP1, so you didn't need to install that. All that's needed is retail FSX, then install Acceleration.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest stubbornswiss

Ryan,Thanks for the speedy reply.One more question (if you don't mind).If I just install the base model without adding the recently released service update, am I right to assume that the installed aircraft will be exactly how it was before the update?I do recall a couple of "issues" with the update, specifically relating to the the TOGA function. If I remember right, it did not set the thrust.Any ideas?Thanks.

Albert,I'm aware of no issues involving TOGA with the update. We recommend everyone install the update, there's quite a lot of fixes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest stubbornswiss

THE QUEEN IS BACK IN THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!Just a quick update.....The re-install went without a hitch, including the update.I did a test flight with my senior engineer yesterday, and so far everything is checking out ok!Thanks for all your assist.