Sign in to follow this  
mfrantz

PMDG MD-11 Alternate panel.cfg files with undockable DUs

In the release version of the PMDG MD-11X, we saved space by only allowing a single Display Unit (PFD, ND, EAD or SD) to be enlarged on the screen at any one time.At the request of multi-monitor and home cockpit builders who have need to undock, move and/or enlarge more than one DU at a single time, we are providing alternate panel.cfg files for both normal and widescreen configurations. You can download them for the PMDG website:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/from the Downloads->Miscellaneus section (MD-11X Panel.cfg Mods)Please make sure you read and fully understand the included instructions.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Wonderfull job, Michael, :-beerchug.Just what I needed for the near future. Robert and/or Vin will tell you in person.Best regards,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Guest SIMU_3G7

Hello Michael,Thanks a lot for this improvment.The best product i ever flew for the past 11 sim years.Gilles

Guest Susan27

Hi,I would like to use your alternative panels on a SINGLE monitor as well: I mean to use two enlarged CDU on the screen parallel/side by sideTherefore I downloaded installed (overwriting) the files as you described in the README file. Afterwards I reloaded FSX, choose MD11...but nothing changed: When I click a CDU (e.g. PFD) and afterwards do the same on the ND...there is only on enlarged display at the screen at a time...I also changed the setting to "Mutli monitor use" (PMDG-Option menu) for testing only because - as I said - would like to use only one monitor...: But there wasnt a change at all, too?So do you have an idea what I am doing wrong here? How do I display two enlarged displays at the same time (in single monitor use).../how do I undock the CDUs...?Thanks very much! :)KRSusan

Susan,The difference in the alternate configuration is that the 3 DUs are not part of the main panel but separate windows. This means that you can move them around the screen by placing the mouse on the frame and dragging, or enlarge them by placing the mouse on the border corners (the cursor changes) and dragging. Nothing changed in the zoom functionality, we just gave the option to be able to manually move/enlarge the DUs.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Guest Susan27

OK, I misunderstood that, then...! :)

Guest percy

Thanks MichaleYou said you were going to offer a cfg for builders and you didagain thankspercy.

If you own FS2Crew: PMDG MD-11 Edition, please email me if you don't feel comfortable manually adding the required FS2Crew gauge entries to these modified (multi-monitor) panel.cfg's.I have a version of the associated panel.cfgs with FS2Crew added to them.Please contact me via the contact button on the FS2Crew website to request a copy of the FS2Crew modified versions.Thanks,Bryan

Michael, I also was confused as was Susan, I do appericiate the new undockable feature .But.... I was wondering, is thier any chance of getting a added feature for us cockpit builders, the ability to, undock the CDUs...? Thanks for all the Great work you guys do.Michael

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

>Michael, I also was confused as was Susan, I do appericiate>the new undockable feature .But.... I was wondering, is thier>any chance of getting a added feature for us cockpit builders,>the ability to, undock the CDUs...? Thanks for all the Great>work you guys do.>MichaelMichael,I assume that by CDUs you mean the MCDUs (the FMCs). You can undock the CDUs. Assign form the PMDG menu a keyboard shortcut for the CDU panel windows (there are separate commands for each of the 3 CDUs), then use this command to bring up the CDU window you want and then undock it. Or you can also do that directly in the VC by clicking on the CDU screen.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

>I assume that by CDUs you mean the MCDUs (the FMCs). >>You can undock the CDUs. Assign form the PMDG menu a keyboard>shortcut for the CDU panel windows (there are separate>commands for each of the 3 CDUs), then use this command to>bring up the CDU window you want and then undock it. >Or you can also do that directly in the VC by clicking on the>CDU screen. >Michael, I was hoping that the 3 CDUs could all be undocked and placed over (in my case 3 ) multiple monotiers all showing there own gage data at the same time, as in the 747 panel..Again thanks for the help.Michael

MSFS2020

KJAX   FLORIDA

Michael,Thank you - us low vision folks needed that help also!Best wishes,dan davison

>>Michael, I was hoping that the 3 CDUs could all be undocked>and placed over (in my case 3 ) multiple monotiers all showing>there own gage data at the same time, as in the 747>panel..Again thanks for the help.>>Michael>Michael,But you can do that, as I explained.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Michael, Just a quick note , I did get the new files installed corretly and everything is fine. This is great!! Thanks for all the help.Michael

MSFS2020

KJAX   FLORIDA