Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quad

Thanks for the clarification.I have posted on the saitek forums and I'll see what advice I get. There is a sticky on the saitek forums about phantom key presses that gives advice about deleting "joystick" assignments in FSX and also the FAQ at saitek has some guidance on getting rid of drivers - unfortunately none of that worked.The specific issue with my set up is when I leave the 2 x saitek throttle quadrant plugged in it causes the panning to go straight to top dead centre. What is unusual is that both my quadrants cause the same effect when plugged in independently and as I have had them for 15 months I would be surprised if there was a hardware issue at fault. I'm thinking it might be a driver problem (I dont have the SST s/w installed)...anyway I'll pursue it on the saitek forums.TaGary
right seem to have it sorted!the advice from the saitek forum was to remove the fsuipc.ini file (kept a safe copy elsewhere) from the modules folder. This did the trick and stopped phantom panning!After reading some posts on the pete dowson forum I came across a very similar issue and it appears that the .ini file "picks up" (dont know how - maybe my fault or something else!) repeat button assignments. Eg the top hat on the yoke is assigned and can be seen in the .ini [buttons] section but the same key ref for pan view eg 66416 is also assigned to another controller.hence uncontrolled panning....simple really LOL!removal of the .ini file forces fsuipc to create a new one in fsx without the assignment conflict. The other thing that might help - I havent studied the effect forensically but other advice is around the forums and that is to make sure no button/axis assignments are in the "normal" fsx controls assignment menu.Gary

right seem to have it sorted!the advice from the saitek forum was to remove the fsuipc.ini file (kept a safe copy elsewhere) from the modules folder. This did the trick and stopped phantom panning!After reading some posts on the pete dowson forum I came across a very similar issue and it appears that the .ini file "picks up" (dont know how - maybe my fault or something else!) repeat button assignments. Eg the top hat on the yoke is assigned and can be seen in the .ini [buttons] section but the same key ref for pan view eg 66416 is also assigned to another controller.hence uncontrolled panning....simple really LOL!removal of the .ini file forces fsuipc to create a new one in fsx without the assignment conflict. The other thing that might help - I havent studied the effect forensically but other advice is around the forums and that is to make sure no button/axis assignments are in the "normal" fsx controls assignment menu.Gary
Gary,If you are utilizing FSUIPC for your button and axis assignments (which I do 100%) make sure you disable your joysticks within FSX if you have not already done so.Glad to hear you got it sorted!! ;)

Thanks - I didn't know the clamping assembly could be replaced. I'll do a search.Alan
Alan,I have the same concern.Did you find anything in the forum?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Alan,I have the same concern.Did you find anything in the forum?Thanks,Ron
There are a couple of threads. Here's one.And here's another.Looks like a workable solution - though I haven't tried it myself. Maybe in a month or so, after I've got my new rig built.But it has me considering the Saitek yoke, which I thought I wouldn't be able to handle.Hope this helps.Alan

There are a couple of threads. Here's one.And here's another.Looks like a workable solution - though I haven't tried it myself. Maybe in a month or so, after I've got my new rig built.But it has me considering the Saitek yoke, which I thought I wouldn't be able to handle.Hope this helps.Alan
Thanks for the info.I have been using th CH yoke and pedals for years and it may be time to upgrade.These are fine so far but I am going to research the Saitek further.I like the separate throttle console idea.But I am glad I saw the observation about the keyboard drawer.I would have been upset when I tried to install it and was met with that glich.Ron

I have had the CH yoke , Rudder pedals and throttle quad for a long timeI now have the Saitek yoke Rudder pedals and two of the throttle unitsIMHO the Saitek is light years ahead of the CH stuff at this point.It is a shame as CH had this market to themselves for years and through inactivity and plain bad design (CH Quad) they threw it away.If you want any more proof just have a look at the new CH Eclipse yoke :-)
Mad Dog,I have been looking for quite awhile at this setup.Currently I am using CH yoke and pedals.Does the Saitek have the same amount of buttons,toggles etc as the CH?I use them all plus a lot on my keyboard.It looks like the Saitek doe not have as many.Maybe with the 3 toggles on the throttle quad it does.Thanks,Ron

Thanks for all the replies and insight guys. Now part 2, Saitek rudder peddals. How do you guys like them? I'm thinking of replacing my CH pedals because of centering issues as well as design and overall performance. I relly like the "tension" feature on the Saitek pedals. What say ye?

Thanks for all the replies and insight guys. Now part 2, Saitek rudder peddals. How do you guys like them? I'm thinking of replacing my CH pedals because of centering issues as well as design and overall performance. I relly like the "tension" feature on the Saitek pedals. What say ye?
Although I will never buy another Saitek Yoke if my life depended on it, I have replaced my CH Pedals with the Saitek ones. I like them much better. Simple as that.

I own CH Pro Pedals as well as the Saitek Pro Pedals and I prefer the Saitek Pro Pedals over the CH Pro Pedals.