Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

pro flight switch panel

hi,I have just received my pro flight switch panel. It is a nice piece of hardware. it works fine with fsx.Be aware that it does not work with fs9 (I thought it would though it is not advertised as such...)The only problem that I have with it is that when I installed the software, it removes the previous version of the saitek software and consequently my x 45 joystick is no longer detected. Any idea how to get round this major issue?

Thanks for these posts and please keep us updated. I was toying with buying this, but now that I know it won't work in FS9 it's useless to me. I've had a lot of problems with Saitek in the past and I'm not surprised they don't advertise this shortcoming.

>>Be aware that it does not work with fs9 (I thought it would>though it is not advertised as such...)Really surprised that it doesn't. Assumed it would work like similar boxes on the market like the desktopaviator.com box which just acts as a number of joystick buttons which can be programmed to do what you want.--Bryn

The Pro Flight Switch Panel was designed for FSX only!! It is also not treated as a standard controller. It is treated as a generic HID device. You cannot program the unit in any way shape or form (it has no programming software and FSUIPC will do nothing). It interfaces with FSX via simconnect. It will work fine for all Microsoft original aircraft. However all functions will not work with all addon aircraft such as PMDG or Level-D.IMHO Saitek did not do their homework properly prior to releasing this device. It has zero configurability so make sure and do your research before you purchase one.If all your going to fly is the stock Microsoft A/C it may be worth while otherwise there are much better options available for programmable control that are in the same price range as this unit.

>The Pro Flight Switch Panel......>If all your going to fly is the stock Microsoft A/C it may be>worth while otherwise there are much better options available>for programmable control that are in the same price range as>this unit.Unbelievable gaff on Saitek's part. I've been eyeballing these and was ready to buy - now I likely won't. Thanks for the heads up sargeski.Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest ricing

Yes, I agree. Absolutely unbelievable! I was going down to the local store today and buy me one. Now I obviously will not. I sometimes fly FSX but my favorite civil flight sim is still FS2004. Yes, yes, I can hear some of you say

>>Sorry Saitek. Now I will probably spend this money on sexy lingerie for my wife instead! Sad...ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Yeah, SAD. I have a real bug about Saitek, I'm glad it's not a matter of poor judgment on my part, that others have had similar experiences.Any way, forget FSX. It was forced upon us to promote VISTA and is still years aways from meaningful hardware compatibiity for the "general public" (whoever that is!). If FS9 works for you and you're happy, let 'er fly. I know I will.

Just read at the Saitek Forum that someone has released an interface so that it can be used (through FSUIPC?) in FS9!See here: http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=16044Nevertheless I think it is an oversight from Saitek not to make this a standard USB-device (as was not adding trim wheels and making it compatible with twin engine aircraft.)My 2 cents.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Guest simjunkie

@#$%^$I was sooooo looking forward to this. And no backlighting? Crap!-jk

>@#$%^$>>I was sooooo looking forward to this. And no backlighting? >Crap!>>-jk>Don't be sad -- just be thankful you found out in time -- Remember my motto: if it says Saitek, it says "Watch Out". :-)Get one of these instead:<< http://www.ergodex.com/mainpage.htm >>Here's how I use mine:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193844.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193845.jpg

yankeegol3-you have to register to be able to get on their forums.