Sign in to follow this  
Guest G. Stone

Antialiasing FS9 and GTX 260

Guest G. Stone

I am running FS9 in Vista and I cannot get antialiasing to work at all.I have seen other posts similiar to this but not one of the solutions has worked for me so far. The last thing I tried was download enhancer and rename the default FS profile from the nVidia control panel and recreate a new FS profileI am stumped and frustrated because I finally have a PC that can run FS9 with the settings maxed and I can't get rid of those jagged lines:-mad My system list belowFS9Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit4 GB RAMnVidia GTX 260 with 178.24Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz

Ok, follow these steps exactly, and it will work:1) If you changed ANYTHING in nvidias driver settings for 3D, you have to reinstall drivers completely, with safe mode driver cleaner2) If not, follow here: in Nhancer, search for flight profiles, there should be one for MS Flight Simulator 2004.3) In that profile, delete the link to fs9.exe4) Duplicate profile, delete the duplicated profile - wonder happens, both profiles are deleted5) Now create your profile, name it for example FS9, set fs9.exe with a path and set your settings (I recommend Combined 8xS, AF 16x, Gamma Correction and Supersampling on, Vsync Off)6) Whenever Nhancer asks to automatically reimport profiles, tell him NONE, you don't want to start everything from beginning.And when you get it to work, I would gladly want to send you one situation file to load, so you can tell me how many FPS you are getting (Email me for that).Thanks!

Guest G. Stone

PERFECTION!!!I did everything you mentioned and applied the settings you suggested and it looks awesome.THANK YOU VERY MUCHalso I sent you a PM with my email address so you can send that file

>also I sent you a PM with my email address so you can send>that fileHi, glad that you fixed it! I didn't get any message from you.

Guest G. Stone

i did the test as you asked.... sorry for the delay but here are the resultsI used the anti aliasing settings you mentioned earlier and it looks really good with frames around 110 - 120 per second with the view zoomed all the way outWhen I zoom in closer to the Cessna it increases to around 200 fps. Either way it looks really goodHowever my monitor only does 1680 x 1050... I did not try 1600 x 1200 although at these resolutions I doubt you would see much difference anywayMy PC specs are belowCPU - Q6600 @ 3.2 Ghz (overclocked from 2.4)eVGA GTX 260Let me know if you need anything else and thanks again

Wow, those are some really incredible results. My FPS are only around 40fps with the settings I suggested. If the card really does that many more FPS in such situations, I might consider getting it!