Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neko36350

PMDG 747 repaint problem

Guest Neko36350

Please I have a problem with PMDG 747 repaint kit. I have painted the FUSE_LEFT and RIGHT but in the texture folders there are four files: Two FUSE_LEFT_T and two FUSE_RIGHT_T. No problem with the engines but the plane won

Which one are you talking about? FS9 or FSX?My guess is that it is FSX there are 2 fuse textures.... fuse_right_t.dds and fuse_left_t.dds, those are the ones that you paint on as the others are specular.I am using Photoshop and save the textures as .TGA files as you can immediatley save to 32 bit. I then open in DXTbmp and convert the files to .DDS which are what you need for FSX.If it is FSX follow the instructions in the readme you should use the cut file in conjunction with the template for placement of the textures, and don't forget to flip the textures upside down using DXTbmp or they will not appear correctly on the final product.What are you painting anyway?

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Ramazoti

Please HELP me as i did every thing u said and i got this error i've FSX with Vista altimate ..i'm trying every thing but nothing ????help please ..My Computer is a XPS M1710 with Nvidia Gforce Go GTX 7900 512MB4 gram and dual core due 2.16

Guest Ramazoti

thank u so so much it's working fine u're the man ;)

Guest KL741-KL742

Good Day, I have followed instructions of maxam66 , if possible post or send me mail step by step with shot fromo initial to final , after infinite times of tentatitve i very very excaust .... Very Thanks Regards

I appreciate the post by maxam66 and found it to be very helpful, but I have a few problems. I have created left and right fuselages for an Allegiant Air repaint for the 747X. When I cut and paste into the fuse cut template and then to the Fuse layout the colors stay red, blue and green. I go into the DXT converter and save as a DDR5 file and the colors are still Red, Green and blue. The plane should basically be white except for "allegiant" and a blue tail. I'm using photoshop elements 6, with the DXT converter. Any help on how to explain how to get the red, green and blue out of the fuse layout template would be appreciated.Jeff