Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Panel state not saved when in mid-flight

I've had no problem saving the panel state when doing the tutorial up through PSSconcorde_3, i.e., when I've been on the ground and not using the navigation tools. However, when I went to save the panel state when in mid-flight - about 100 miles east of YYT - it didn't work. When I relaunched the flight using this saved flight I found the following changes from the panel state that existed when it was saved:FD and AP were off.The ALT, HDG, and CRS settings that had been dialed in were at their default levels of 10000, 000, and 000 instead of those I'd had dialed in.The VFE was off.The INS-FS switch was at INS instead of FS.The RAD/INS switch was at RAD instead of INSThe T/O light was lit.And there was a cash register like sound that repeated every few seconds.I tried restarting the program and reloading the flight but the same thing happened. I also tried "resetting" the flight and it made no difference. I also fiddled with the settings in the panel config program and it made no difference.Is there something I should be doing that I'm not doing, or is it just that the panel save option is erratic? I see that later in the tutorial there are several places where you do a panel save in mid-flight. I'd sure like for these saves to work.And what is that darned cash register sound all about?Thanks, Robert

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.