Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

Confused Prodigal Simmer! Need vectors...

...to getting back into the swing of things! :)Hi, all. I used to be a big time FS98 and 2000 simmer, but over the last couple of years, life has pulled me away from it. Now I'm back in, and I feel like a complete newbie. Planes, Panels, and Scenery implementation seems about the same, but all this new Whiz-bang stuff with FS2K2 is downright dizzying. I see all this stuff about AFCAD, and TTools, and AI flight plans, and... oh my!I'm assuming one can replace the generic AI with real world planes flying real world time tables and such. Is there some sort of idiots' guide to custom AI that starts from the very beginning, assuming no prior knowledge of the subject? I'd love to fill my virtual skies with as much reality as I can.Thanks in advance!JonathanKATL

Guest seev_39

Hi Jonathan,For a start download and read the manual of AI Traffic. Following is a quote from the program's txt file;"AI Traffic v1.0 is a new utility that allow you to edit the AI traffic within FS2002. It takes advantage of the TrafficTools made by Lee Swordy and help you to compile/decompile Traffic.BGL. AI Traffic shows the data in an easy and orderly way and you can add, edit and delete AI flights through an easy interface. AI Traffic got a lot of other features too."I found this excellent tools easy to learn. Since I started with it I replaced all my traffic with a/c of my own choice. No Soars anymore.Seev