Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Thank you Christoph Langguth!

Thank you for the Auto-Tower utility for FS9. The one attribute in FSX that works without compromise is the nearest tower feature. It is the only thing I missed when I gave up on FSX. Now you have provided it for FS9. FSX will now die a quiet death on my bookshelf.RIP FSX.Thanks again,

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest JTEK99

OMG, I thought I was the only one ecstatic over this one. Autower is fantastic; no more moving the Tower via the Map Screen.Works like a charm. My thanks go out to Christoph as well!

I assume it will not work without a registered version of FUIPC 3.71?

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest JTEK99

>I assume it will not work without a registered version of>FUIPC 3.71?Although I am a registered user of FSUIPC, the README file in Autower states this:"* FSUIPC 3.71. autower will not work with unregistered versions of FSUIPC prior to version 3.71. It should work with decently new registered versions, though. I'm confident that it will also work with newer versions, however at the time of writing none were released yet."Looks like it's not a problem if you have version 3.71 (unregistered). Try it out. It doesn't alter anything in any configuration file associated with FS9; absolutely nothing to lose.

Guest aca_dia

So what exactly does Auto-Tower do?

As you progress on your flight, the default tower view in FS2004 remains at the airport at which you loaded your flight. This dandy little utility constantly moves the tower view to the closest airport with respect to your aircraft. So when you change to the tower view, you will see your airplane as it would be seen from the ground from the closest airport to your current position. There is also a function that considers the tower frequency you have selected and it defaults to that airport for landing if there are several airports in the area.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest BrianFletcher

I'm definitly loving this utility, but is it possible to set it up so that it does not display the current tower on top of the screen every time it switches?

I agree! What a fantastic addition this is. It always bugged me that once you left your take-off airport, that tower view became pretty much worthless. More well deserved accolades for Christoph! Thanks!!

Alexander Alonso

Guest SilverCircle

>I'm definitly loving this utility, but is it possible to set>it up so that it does not display the current tower on top of>the screen every time it switches?Look at the .ini file for the entry:MaxDisplayInfoAltitude=3042The comment explains how to configure it.

I'd like to offer my thanks as well! It works like a charm. And, yes, it works with FSUIPC UNregistered version perfectly.My personal taste is that I like the message accross the top. I like having an idea where I am in relation to the ground. I highly reccomend it to everyone. Great addon!Thanks for the program Mr. Langguth!God bless,Earl

Where do you find an unregistered version of fsuipc 3.71 version?Thanks,carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

>Where do you find an unregistered version of fsuipc 3.71>version?>>Thanks,>carlHi Carl,look here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlThe direct link is http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/FSUI...imestamp=071106@everybody here and all downloaders: I'm overwhelmed by the number of downloads and the very positive comments I received so far - thanks a lot! :-)Cheers,Chris

Chris,Thanks for your help. I am now enjoying this "neat" utility. Still playing with it to get it the way I would like it. Great that you can also you use the "+" and "-" keys to change depth of views. Really great utility for FS9. Carl

Carl

Thanks to you Chris!! This is one of the most important FS9 addons ever released. I just wish that you had done it sooner!! :)Many thanksBarry

Guest nigelb

Christoph,I would like to add my thanks for a fantastic utility. I always disliked the way Microsoft handled tower views in FS9, and your program fixes that!