Sign in to follow this  
Guest simonmd

Here's how to use 9Dragons' KaiTak with VHHH at the same time

Guest simonmd

Instructions for using Thomas Kwong's Hong Kong 2005 scenery together with the new 2008 9Dragons KaiTak scenery. As the two sceneries overlap each other, it is necessary to de-activate some items from each one. Please follow these instructions CAREFULLY. This does not involve deleting or removing any files so each one can be restored to it's original state in the future if you wish to do so. 1. Open C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryVHHHvhhh2005bscenery Find these files, Excl_bridge.bgl change to- Excl_bridge.BAK Excl_tungchung.bgl change to- Excl_tungchung.BAK misc_objects.bgl change to- misc_objects.BAK tm_aprt.bgl change to- tm_aprt.BAK It should now look like this, VHHHadd1.jpg 2. Next, open C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon Sceneryscenery and find VHHH_LC.bgl change to- VHHH_LC.BAK 3. Now open C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon Scenery9Dragonsscenery And find these files, AF2_VHHH.bgl change to- AF2_VHHH.BAK Chek_Lap_Kok1-VTPH.bgl change to- Chek_Lap_Kok1-VTPH.BAK Chek_Lap_Kok_LWM2.bgl change to- Chek_Lap_Kok_LWM2.BAK Chek_Lap_Kok_OB1.bgl change to- Chek_Lap_Kok_OB1.BAK It should now look like this, VHHHadd2.jpg 4. Finally, don't forget to reactivate your vhhh2005b AND vhhh_tk options in the Flight Simulator Scenery Library if you've deactivated them to use 9d KaiTak. Please note: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL 9Dragons UPDATE, this is to be used AT YOUR OWN RISK.There you go, have fun!

Guest mikealpha

Thanks Simon, works great !!Mike

Guest ThrottleUp

This a great example of how clear instructions along with screenshots can work so well! Thanks a lot for this :)

Thank you! Now I have the best of both worlds! I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this scenery, thank you! Best simming experience I have had yet!

Guest CNR9116

Thanks for your great solution!But I wanna ask is that VHHH2005b should place higher than 9Dragons in the scenery priority? But there is a problem - the aerial photo of Tung Chung and nearby can not be shown! Any method to solve this? Now it looks so odd...Cheers,CNR9116

>Instructions for using Thomas Kwong's Hong Kong 2005>scenery together with the new 2008 9Dragons KaiTak scenery.>>>As the two sceneries overlap each other, it is necessary to>de-activate some items from each one. >>Please follow these instructions CAREFULLY. This does>not involve deleting or removing any files so each one can be>restored to it's original state in the future if you wish to>do so. >>1. Open C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator>9Addon SceneryVHHHvhhh2005bscenery >>Find these files, >>Excl_bridge.bgl change to- Excl_bridge.BAK >Excl_tungchung.bgl change to- Excl_tungchung.BAK >misc_objects.bgl change to- misc_objects.BAK >tm_aprt.bgl change to- tm_aprt.BAK >>It should now look like this, >VHHHadd1.jpg>>>2. Next, open C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight>Simulator 9Addon Sceneryscenery >>and find >>VHHH_LC.bgl change to- VHHH_LC.BAK >>3. Now open C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator>9Addon Scenery9Dragonsscenery >>And find these files, >>AF2_VHHH.bgl change to- AF2_VHHH.BAK >Chek_Lap_Kok1-VTPH.bgl change to->Chek_Lap_Kok1-VTPH.BAK >Chek_Lap_Kok_LWM2.bgl change to- Chek_Lap_Kok_LWM2.BAK>>Chek_Lap_Kok_OB1.bgl change to- Chek_Lap_Kok_OB1.BAK >>It should now look like this, >VHHHadd2.jpg>>>4. Finally, don't forget to reactivate your vhhh2005b AND>vhhh_tk options in the Flight Simulator Scenery Library if>you've deactivated them to use 9d KaiTak. >________________WHAT'S VHHH_TK??????__________________________>Please note: >THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL 9Dragons UPDATE, this is to be used>AT YOUR OWN RISK.>>There you go, have fun!

Ya know, someday I'm gonna have to actually sit down and try it myself, ha! ;)Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit