Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

The E key

Everytime I accidently hit the E key in a jet, I only get engine 1 operating. I have tried everything to get the other engines working again but can't. I have to reload the craft to get all engines working again. Any thoughts? Maybe I have to turn off the E key in the assignments to stop this. This happen in both RFP 747 & default 737.JimCYWG

The way to get all engines back is E+2 then +3 then +4 I think.I say I think because I have never got it to work and disable the key assignment.

Guest gopatriots

I have tried the E+1/2/3/ etc a million times a million ways and it has never worked. So I just changed the E assignment, it's the only sure fire way to avoid the problem.

Thanks. Disabled. So without throttles how do you just control say 3 out of 4 engines in the 747? Or do you just shut down the engine and let the throttle lever move as it wants. That would work.JimCYWG

It sometimes happens when I am already entering information into the FMC that I press the 'E' key (often fly out of Amsterdam / EHAM at the same time the program loads additional airport information etc. My solution is just to hit the 'E' key and then the number keys altogether at once. So, on a 2 engine aircraft that would 'E' and then '1' and '2' at the same time. For a B747 that would need to be '1', '2', '3' and '4' at the some time.Works like a charm.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

There is an assignment in the registered FSUIPC (a must have for FS) for "Multiple throttle synchronisation". You can use that for "repair" if desync happens.

There is an XML gauge called "SelectCorrect.xml" which installs into a /gauges/rcb-gauges/ subdirectory which can be found on most file libraries. I have distributed my own modification to this xml gauge which uses less resources than the original. I'm distributing this modified version with my SR-71 mod for the AlphaSim SR-71a freeware. This gauge when added to your main panel as a hidden gauge corrects the faulty timing error which causes the sim to get stuck on selecting "1" when any multi-select sequence is used (exits, engines, pushback.)To get this modified version you can download my gauges archive for the SR-71 and extract the /rcb-gauges/SelectCorrect.xml path into your gauges directory. You can look at the panel.cfg file in my SR-71 panel zip to see how to add it to each aircraft panel where you need multi-select correction. Note: The reason some people do not have any problem with this has to do with individual panels (gauge combinations) and planes and the resources they require. I add this gauge to panels that need it and leave the other planes alone.http://home.comcast.net/~pvarn01-Pv-

Everytime I accidently hit the E key in a jet, I only get engine 1 operating. I have tried everything to get the other engines working again but can't. I have to reload the craft to get all engines working again. Any thoughts? Maybe I have to turn off the E key in the assignments to stop this. This happen in both RFP 747 & default 737.JimCYWG
Try this excellent "invisible" gauge by Rob Barendregt.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...4&Go=SearchIt works wonders for the E key engine and door commands. :( Good luck!