Sign in to follow this  
Guest Challenger604

Caching

Guest Challenger604

I hope there is a simple answer to this simple question.How can I just cache the scenery I fly over so I don't have to start up tile proxy every time I fly.Also by doing this will it solve my problem of the textures degrading as I fly?Thank You

Guest cbuchner1

No, Tileproxy Beta 5 must run in the background to get photo texture.You can use offline mode if you do not want to access the network.But in offline mode, no new textures will be downloaded and new tiles will be generated with a pretty bad resolution the further you fly out.

Guest craig1998

wish we could just assemble "cachepacks" dont you? anyone like my idea of a cachepack filesharing community lol.

Guest Challenger604

So that's what is happening with me now then. THe tiles are not being generated fast enough even thought I am hooked up with the network so it get's blurry the farther I fly out.So I tested my internet setting and this is what I gotUpload Speed 2.59MbpsDownload Speed 5.40MbpsSo the last thing would be then to uninstall the SP1 addon and cross my fingers?

Same here, even at 20 knots at slew I creep out of the crisp area to the blurry ones, strange thing..JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE.."The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but still they come!"Ulla!

Guest spiffyscimitar

Once you've flown over an area to your satisfaction, is there a way to keep that area and clear everything else out? IE, I find myself flying over the SF bay area a lot, and would like to keep those images permanently on my drive to reduce having to redownload them all the time. But many other parts of the world are only flown once and are a waste of my hard drive space. Is there a way to tell the program which areas to keep and which to keep?

Guest Challenger604

YES!! that was what I asked in my first post. But it seems that the answer is NO you can not. You have to start up tileproxy every time? I thought if you knew the folder that cooresponded with the area you would like to fly over you could save that?What is the answer here YES you can or NO you can't?

Guest cbuchner1

If you use the scenery BGL files from the Tileproxy Beta 4 release then yes you can, but the photoscenery will be permanent and worldwide.The majority of users wanted the ability to switch photo coverage off, so I now require TileProxy B5 to be running to get the coverage. So while Tileproxy is running, FSX will see the BGL files that have the appendix ".on", otherwise it will see transparent BGL files with no photo coverage.By copying specific bgl.on files over the .bgl you could permanently enable coverage for some areas.

Guest craig1998

so can we in essence assemble our own little photo realistic flying area by copying over bgls and not even going online?that would be cool as well.

Guest spiffyscimitar

Hm, I don't mind having to start up TP when I want to see photscenery, I like that I can switch back to retail when I like. I think it would just be nice, within Tile Proxy, to flush some areas but hold on to others.. not so that I can switch between FSX/TP, but between TP tiles previously dl'd on the harddrive/TP tiles downloaded on the fly. I have no idea if it's possible to add a specific feature like that! It seems the more we enjoy your mod the more we want to squeeze out of you... :) edit: Now that I'm thinking about it.. Would it be possible to have TP remember sessions? So that when you run cleanup, it lists what FS sessions or startups you played (so not the places you've flown, but classifies by the time you dl'ed tiles at) and allows you to select which sessions to keep, and which to remove?

Guest cbuchner1

The session idea is kinda nice. I'll think about it. In the metadata I can save creation time and some unique session identifier (indicating for example the flight which was loaded or the airport which was started from).And some other utility could be used to purge specific sessions.However it gets messy when two sessions overlap geographically. That may lead to some nasty coverage holes in the "other" session (that was not purged).

Guest Challenger604

My main problem is just the blurry textures. There is a bottleneck somewhere in the program that only allows me to download tiles at 25 tiles per second. So when I fly it's blurry. Until that is fixed there is no fun unless I just fly in circles.However this is the first program for me at least that puts FSX "as real as it get's"I want to thank the developer and look forward to a fix for my blurry problem in the future.

Guest fsjunkey

QUOTE: Once you've flown over an area to your satisfaction, is there a way to keep that area and clear everything else out?IE, I find myself flying over the SF bay area a lot, and would like to keep those images permanently on my drive to reduce having to redownload them all the time. But many other parts of the world are only flown once and are a waste of my hard drive space. Is there a way to tell the program which areas to keep and which to keep?Quote: If you use the scenery BGL files from the Tileproxy Beta 4>release then yes you can, but the photoscenery will be>permanent and worldwide.>>The majority of users wanted the ability to switch photo>coverage off, so I now require TileProxy B5 to be running to>get the coverage. So while Tileproxy is running, FSX will see>the BGL files that have the appendix ".on", otherwise it will>see transparent BGL files with no photo coverage.>>By copying specific bgl.on files over the .bgl you could>permanently enable coverage for some areas.Seems like I have the same situation as spiffyscimitar and Challenger604. I would like to keep the photo scenery in the areas that I fly most often and not have to reload the tiles when I switch back to one or the other. (I am using FSX RTM&TP5). So to make sure I am interpreting this right, should I revert back to TP4 so I can do this? I thought once all the tiles were downloaded for a specific area, that they were there from now on, unless I used clear.bat. But I noticed in TP5 once I go back to an area I have flown before, it has to access the tiles again before they sharpen up. So, if I revert back to TP4, will they continue to stay sharp? If so, that's what I'll do, of course knowing that the rest of the world will be that way. It's just that I have spent alot of time accessing the tiles over my favorite places, and come back to find them blurry again until all the tiles are accessed again.I hope this made sense. Thanks,Gary

If you use the scenery BGL files from the Tileproxy Beta 4 release then yes you can, but the photoscenery will be permanent and worldwide. The majority of users wanted the ability to switch photo coverage off, so I now require TileProxy B5 to be running to get the coverage. So while Tileproxy is running, FSX will see the BGL files that have the appendix ".on", otherwise it will see transparent BGL files with no photo coverage. By copying specific bgl.on files over the .bgl you could permanently enable coverage for some areas.
can you explain how exactly you can replace the existing bgl? what do i have to copy in which directory?

can you explain how exactly you can replace the existing bgl? what do i have to copy in which directory?
You replied to a VERY OLD thread...Are you still using a two year old (or older) version?IF you are using an older version, let somebody know which one you are using...IF you are using a current version, Beta 8, I have always kept tiles in geographic folders, not just service1, service2, etc. You may keep or flush and replace these at will.Scenery tiles (.bmp's) that TileProxy makes for the sim's use are stored in the TileProxy Photoreal World\TEXTURE subfolders. These are totally deleted if you use the provided utility. They are also rebuilt as needed each time you fly over an area that is not yet current.Loyd