Sign in to follow this  
yves956

Green and red button + joystick

Hello BryanFirst Thank you for another great addon.I am having problems configuring the green and red button for the joystick I don't get any response at all. The keyboard works fine.I have a CH yoke and pedals and using vista X64.Everything else seems to work ok within fs2crew I have tested with and without DEP.Any ideas?ThanksYves

Hello Yves,The "CH Manager" for your CH Yoke does not currently work in Vista. That's the problem.One of my beta testers is also a beta tester for CH, so that's how I know.CH currently has a Vista version of the CH Manager in beta. Hopefully it will be out soon.You can still use the Keyboard to control the Green and Red buttons until CH releases a Vista version of their CH Manager.Cheers,Bryan

Thank you BryanI have been using the keyboard controls that works fine. I am sure CH will come up soon as you said with a manager for vista.Best regardsYves

Guest craigjjs

My CH Yoke works fine in Vista. Assigned green and red to yoke buttons, works great. Craigjjs

Guest sanal

Bryan,I have the same problem. I installed "CH Manager" as you advised. I don't have Vista, but I can not activate the Green and Red buttons.What do you adviseSanal

Guest sanal

Bryan,I updated CH management 4. It didn't help. I assigned the Joystick button 1 for Green and 11 for Red and saved.Nothing happened.I can use -/+Sanal

Guest jeffg

Sanal, Make sure that you have calibrated your yoke with CH Manager first,second make sure that the yoke is listed as number 1 and not the rudder pedals.That can mess up the assignments with the manager.Do not assign the buttons 3&4 on the right yoke to anything just make sure they work in the manager.WHen you go into FSX under controls and assignmemts make sure they are not assigned to any keystrokes.The next is start FSX Start Center and assign the default red and green to the 3&4 buttons and save.I hope this helps and all works out. Jeff

GuysWhy do we need to use CH manager ?I would rather not use external controller manager programs with FSX and Level-D. They are known to cause more issues in other areas.I have CH yoke + pedals, and without the pedals I am able to get the yoke buttons to work, but with the pedals installed just the keyboard works.Tero

PPL(A)

Tero,Do you (or anyone else) have any theories on how having the CH pedals installed could cause this interference?I'm sure other addons that also use DirectX (DirectInput)have probably also experienced the same phenomenon, or so you'd think...Cheers,Bryan

I am fairly sure it has something to do with the Windows internal numbering/assignment of same type/manufacturer controllers. When there is only one, the assignment works. When there's more, the program no longer listens to the correct interface because the internal order of the controllers has changed.If the CH manager corrects this issue, it is most likely because you can (afaik) define the controller order there (Jeff said yoke has to be number 1 for the FS2C definitions to work), and that way, regardless of pedals or even more controllers, your yoke will always be defined as number 1.The solution for FS2C would be to make the start center detect the used buttons from the controller itself. Ie you press the buttons you want to use, and the start center detects the combination controller+button and saves that information. At the moment there is just list of buttons without any reference to which controller those belong. With luck, one might have the yoke as the controller that start center listens to, and the buttons work. With no luck, nothing works.I honestly think this is the culprit here, but if someone has any evidence against my theory, it'd be interesting to see and try.Tero

PPL(A)