Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Latest Fsuipc V8.5 Has Caused C.t.d. On My System.

Hi all, (Edit: First off, the title should read v3.85 and NOT v8.5!! So sorry, I forgot to type the '3' when composing my post)Since buying FS9, I have been very grateful to have never had a situation where I have crashed to the desktop. Yep...not just the mask that comes up that FS9 has experienced a problem and now must close...but a totally abrupt C.T.D.With having done nothing else with FS9...no adding of anything, or changes of any setting within FS9---BUT...with the exception of replacing FSUIPC v3.8.0 with the latest FS9 version of 3.8.5, I have suffered two C.T.D.'s when flying over Toronto and there was a heavy concentration of A.I. traffic which was being handled by AISMOOTH. With version FSUIPC v3.8.0, I was good-to-go as usual. When I swapped out for v3.8.5 (and that was the ONLY change-up) is when my first ever C.T.D.'s happened.\I just found a back-up copy of v3.8.0 and after installing it, (got rid of v3.8.5) I fired up ASv6, then AISMOOTH, and finally FS9 (as I always do in that order). I'm glad to report that now with flying around the perimeter of a heavy-ladened A.I. encrusted :) Toronto Pearson CYYZ, no further C.T.D.'s If you have updated to FSUIPC v3.8.5 and suddenly have problems....go back to v3.8.0 and see if (like myself) that clears it up.Cheers,Mitch

A bit confused:Where did you get version 8.0 or 8.5?Looking at Peter's site, the latest version I see for FS2004 is 3.85. The latest for FSX is 4.40. Both were released November 14, 2008.Good luck:RTH

Hi all,Since buying FS9, I have been very grateful to have never had a situation where I have crashed to the desktop. Yep...not just the mask that comes up that FS9 has experienced a problem and now must close...but a totally abrupt C.T.D.With having done nothing else with FS9...no adding of anything, or changes of any setting within FS9---BUT...with the exception of replacing FSUIPC v8.0 with the latest FS9 version of 8.5, I have suffered two C.T.D.'s when flying over Toronto and there was a heavy concentration of A.I. traffic which was being handled by AISMOOTH. With version FSUIPC v8.0, I was good-to-go as usual. When I swapped out for v8.5 (and that was the ONLY change-up) is when my first ever C.T.D.'s happened.\I just found a back-up copy of v8.0 and after installing it, (got rid of v8.5) I fired up ASv6, then AISMOOTH, and finally FS9 (as I always do in that order). I'm glad to report that now with flying around the perimeter of a heavy-ladened A.I. encrusted :) Toronto Pearson CYYZ, no further C.T.D.'s If you have updated to FSUIPC v8.5 and suddenly have problems....go back to v8.0 and see if (like myself) that clears it up.Cheers,Mitch

A bit confused:Where did you get version 8.0 or 8.5?Looking at Peter's site, the latest version I see for FS2004 is 3.85. The latest for FSX is 4.40. Both were released November 14, 2008.Good luck:RTH
----------------------------------------------------You are absolutely right....my gaff! So sorry...yes...I SHOULD have stated '3.8.5...and will correct in an EDITIt should read v3.8.5 SWAPPED out back to v3.8.0Thankyou! Will correct now....Mitch

Guest aafuss

I've noticed several crash to desktop issues with FSUIPC 3.8.5.Which version is considered stable enough and without any CTD issues?

It might help to post this at Pete's forum at SimFlight.

I've noticed several crash to desktop issues with FSUIPC 3.8.5.Which version is considered stable enough and without any CTD issues?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi,It was only with the latest...v3.8.5 for FS9If you go back just one issue to v3.8.0, you will be fine. I rolled it back and once more have no issues with a loaded up, FS9.Cheers,Mitch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi,It was only with the latest...v3.8.5 for FS9If you go back just one issue to v3.8.0, you will be fine. I rolled it back and once more have no issues with a loaded up, FS9.Cheers,Mitch
Mitch I do have the same problem as you, would you be kind enough to send me a copy of 3.80 towalouigi@msn.comThanksWalouigi

Mitch I do have the same problem as you, would you be kind enough to send me a copy of 3.80 towalouigi@msn.comThanksWalouigi
----------------------------------------------You got it...on its way as soon as I post this...Mitch'er

----------------------------------------------You got it...on its way as soon as I post this...Mitch'er
Gents,If 3.85 really is causing you problems then you must report this to Pete on his forum. he doesn't support anything except the current version.And if you can replicate the problem consistently then it will help him to solve it if FSUIPC is the cause.I'll even make it easy for you. Here's the link.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Mitch,Did you have a CTD without warnings & windows ?Did FS9 disaper sudently ?regards.Christophe

Hi Christoph,For me I had both, sometimes, it would just desapears, but most of the time, I get a CTD windows, Now with 3.8.0 I am ok.Hope this will helpregardsWalouigi

I have been using FSUIPC version 3.849 with no problems since 11-7-08... and with Squawkbox 3 and VATSIM on line flights.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello,Thank you very much for your answer. I have since 2 months a FS Crash : FS desapear after 30 minutes / 1 hour !I don't know if it is IVAP (from IVAO) or FSUIPC !I try with FSUIPC 3.7 & 3.4.8 but same : CRASHMaybe i will try with Sqawkbox & VATSIM !Good flightsChristophe

Mitch,Did you have a CTD without warnings & windows ?Did FS9 disaper sudently ?regards.Christophe
--------------------------------------------------Hi, yes.... I'd be flying...and all of a sudden....no windows, no warning....CTD!Since having gone back to v3.80, there has been no further problems. In fact, this was the only time ever that I have experienced any form of a CTD.

If you are flying with VATSIM or other ATC, not FS, and FS ATC is turned off, check out the following on page 11 of the v3.85 user guide:For FS2004 (only), FSUIPC offers a facility to suppress all of the FS ATC windows, independently of the option settings in FS, and at the same time actively patch the code in the ATC.DLL to prevent FS crashing. To enable this you have to edit the FSUIPC.INI file, adding ‗RemoveATC=Yes