Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Asx Suddendly Has Started Quiting

I have been having a problem for the last week. It appears that ASX is shutting itself down and I can't work out why. I run it on a separate PC and up until a week ago it was working without issues. Now when I go to the other PC I find it not running and the task is shut down. Restarting it again does the same thing. I have tried to watch it and see what happens but it always seems to do it while I am not looking.Any way to turn on some logging to see what it is doing and why it shuts down?

Hi,Strange indeed. Any error messages? There is an XEngine log on that second machine that might have a clue. Search for that in hidden folders and post that.Thanks,

The log I found was in Documents and Setting under the HiFi/XEngine directory but did not give any real indication. Attached below. Which is why I was wondering if there was any extra logging I could turn on.

CODE
10:29:14: Logging Initialized10:29:14: XEngine v1.0.0.332 Copyright

Hi John,FSX was not running at the time correct?No, there is not additional logging to turn on.

I normally load up ASX on the other PC and let it grab the weather and then load my route in and once done then start up FSX on the other machine and watch for the green bar saying ASX is updating the weather. It seems to do this okay.This last one should have been while it was running as I restarted it three times on a 2 hour flight and each time I restarted it I saw the messages on the FSX screen. Only have one monitor so switch between PCs to see what is going on.

Hi,See if you can do get this to happen again with FSX running and then post that XEngine file.Thanks,

Okay this log has FSX started first and then ASX started on the remote machine.I came back and after 6 minutes of flight ASX had gone again and this is the log file from it below. I restarted it and watched it it this time without going to the other PC and all went well until 10 minutes and it had just finished doing a download and had the Synthesis Active green when it shut down on me. Tried again and it did the same thing. I have just noticed another post as I logged in to post this about someone who has ASX crashing with VATSIM weather. I also have use VATSIM weather turned on as that is what I am flying on so suspect this is the same issue.Will turn the option off and see what happens for the rest of this flight.20 minutes later and ASX has been running through 2 weather updates without trouble so it looks like it does have something to do with VATSIM weather grabbing.

CODE
08:28:34: Logging Initialized08:28:34: XEngine v1.0.0.332 Copyright

Hi John,Yes, please do try this option.Are you running on XP or Vista?Thanks,

Tried it and after 30 minutes ASX is still up and running.FSX is running on Vista however ASX is running on Win XP SP3

Just checking the FSCommander support site and found this.

we just released a patch for version 8.4. in order to cope with the new weather file and location as well as the changes in the VATSIM file.