Sign in to follow this  
patrice_bambou

Asa And Fs9: Unable To See The Weather Screenshots

Hi allI just bought ASA and installed it on my Vista 32bit premium PCAfter that, I opened the GRAPHICS page and made an extension to graphicsNote: I have ASv6 WX engine with ASG installed on FS9So, I followed the instructions to extend graphics integration using the related button. Then I performed the processing of all ASG data for each weather condition.This resulted in a lot of graphics options coming from ASGSo, all seemed to be Ok EXCEPT that I cannot see any screenshot of each of the wx conditions newly generated. The main GRAPHICS screen in ASA shows always the same "Screenshot Not Available" screen whatever is the wx condition I select in the left part of the screen.So, what is going wrong? Did I miss something? In ASG the screenshots are well displayed. Thanks for any support/advice.Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

You have to load the snapshot into FS and then load a flight, next you have to pose a suitable view for your screenshot then press the print screen (PrtScn) key on your keyboard which places a screen capture to the clipboard. Finally you go to the relevant snapshot in ASA and click on the button that says "save screenshot"I do believe this is covered in the manual.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andydigital,Thanks for the reply. Ok, I will do this, but this is a bit annoying: why not coming with this stuff ready to use?By the way, what are the signifiance of the different snapshots generated by ASA from ASG? I do not see such classification in ASG. Could you clarify?Thanks.Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Sorry its not something I have tested myself as I don't use ASG even though I'm a beta tester for HIFI, I'm sure Jim or someone else from the team will be along at some point over the next few days to answer the question for you, please allow for the Christmas holiday of course. All the best.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi,We need to differentiate between a Snapshot and a Screenshot.A Snapshot is a group of textures that you have loaded and saved if using third party textures or automatically generated using our texture programs and ASA.A Screenshot is a picture of what a Snapshot may look like in FS.Now, with past versions we knew ahead of time what each texture might look like in FS so we were able to include a small Screenshot of each texture or texture theme. Those Screenshots were miniature shots of the actual textures, in many cases. With ASA however we cannot know or predict all the different combinations of textures that will be contained in each Snapshot or how they will look in FS. So we include the option for each user to take their own Screenshot of their own Snapshots so as to remind them of what each Snapshot may look like in FS. There is no way we can do this ahead of time for each user!I hope this clears things up!