Sign in to follow this  
olivermbs

Oom Errors Pmdg Md11 Fs9

Dmitriy,

Bottom line - removing landclass files significantly minimizes the chances of OOM to happen. Everyone agree with such statment? :(
No problem - I can easily live with that :( Like Mack has said above- it's all the litlle things adding up.Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guys,Just a brief data for you.1. UT Series by itself is HUGE VM eater. That's the fact that your should face and decide whether to use it or not.2. The following european sceneries has landclass add-on THAT SHOULD BE REMOVED even thought it adds some nice-looking images.A. Cloud 9 EHAMB. ISD LIMCC. FSDT LSZHD. Aerosoft EDDF, EDDK, EDDV, EDDP, EDDKC. Cloud 9 ENBRF. Aerosoft/Dreamwings ESSA and EBBR.If you don't remove landclasses from these sceneries by disabling them in the scenery.cfg YOU"RE DOOMED TO HAVE CONTSTANT OOMs. especially during approach
Funny thing is with the above scenery I don't have an OOM actually I don't have OOMS at all in FS9 :-)That is with ASA / UT / all sliders right 100% AI / Cloud cover and all the major detailed add on airports for Europe :-)My guess it's just related local in combination of hardware/software /and settings otherwise we all should have the same...Cheers,

André

AeroSoft EGLL 2008 - another favourite OOM culprit in the eyes of self-proclaimed prophets
S

My FS9 with PMDG 744 uses a lot less memory if I load the sim in windowed mode (as a small window) and then switch to fullscreen. To load in windowed mode, set FULL_SCREEN=0 under GRAPHICS in the FS9.cfg file. My two cents.Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

As far as I have discovered now, the OOM error has nothing to do with the flying time. I made flight of 10 hours without OOM error, but I also made short flight and see OOM poping up very soon. It must be something else. The thing I did discover was this:It happened to me on approaching complex addon airports, AES installed and Ai traffic active. Also the weather seeting might be of influence. It is a too complex problem for pointing to one suspect ;-)Hopefully the mistery will be solved soon.

Hi all!I had some OOM on longhaul flights and also when flying in severe weather with lots of clouds near complex commercial airports.For 1 weeks ago I decided to once and for all, try to change this behavior.Purchased XP Pro 64 Bit with another 2 GB RAM (totally 4 GB then) . Will have this stuff tomorrow I guess.Maybe I could stick with the 32 Bit, but since I have UT-terrain, Ground Pro Env, Sky Enviroment, lots of nice airports etc......andlike to do longhaul flights, without doing some pause, save flight, restarting flight every 1500 Nm......Now I only hope I made a right decision./ Leffe :(

Guest D17S

For FS9, a 64bit operating system is only 1/2 of the solution. A user must also modify the FS9.exe file. Unless a user accomplishes Both of these tasks (64bit op systen + modded FS9.exe), no affect will occur.

Both the operating system (for instance Vista 64) And the program's ".exe" file must be setup to recognize memory forcasts (ie virtual memory) of greater than 2Gs. Once again, this has nothing to do with actual physical memory or page file loads. SP2 took care of setting up FSX's "FSX.exe" file to recognize memory forecasts (ie virtual memory) of greater than 2Gs. However inconveniently, there is no automated way to modify the FS9.exe file to recognize memory forecasts (ie virtual memory) of greater than 2Gs. For FS9, - only - switching to a 64bit system (or installing the nefarious "3G switch" for 32 bit systems) will not let FS9 recognize memory forcasts (ie virtual memory) of greater than 2Gs. It's gotta have Both the op system And the .exe file hi-mem enabled. This is why you are seeing OOMs, even with 64bit op systems with FS9. The FS9.exe file has not been setup to recognize memory forecasts (ie virtual memory) of greater than 2Gs. There's a way to do it, but it's a bit of a computer science project that one attempts at one's own risk. (But really, how bad could it go? Just keep a copy of your old FS9.exe file! If you smell smoke, just stop and over rite with the old FS9 file).The most vulnerable systems will be 4G installs in hi horsepower system. FS will shoot for the memory moon and OOM when its memory-load-forecast hits the stratosphere (which is 2G for that vintage program). With all the FS9 bells and whistles now available, the MD could put the memory's - forecast - load (ie virtual memory) one bit over the line. Then bamm, OOM. There's a way to mod that FS9 file to enable it to recognize memory forecasts (ie virtual memory) of greater than 2Gs. Hopefully one of ya'll can help us with a simplified D&O.Thanks in advance.
Adding ram to the 4G level without accomplishing these two tasks (64bit op systen + modded FS9.exe) could just make things worse. (Just went ahead and quoted myself here cuz it's still true!)

For FS9, a 64bit operating system is only 1/2 of the solution. A user must also modify the FS9.exe file. Unless a user accomplishes Both of these tasks (64bit op systen + modded FS9.exe), no affect will occur. Adding ram to the 4G level without accomplishing these two tasks (64bit op systen + modded FS9.exe) could just make things worse. (Just went ahead and quoted myself here cuz it's still true!)
Ok, It seems you know how!....Please tell me how then, or do I maybe demand to much? Thanks in advance./ Leffe

Allright then!Found this hi-mem f

Allright then!Found this hi-mem f

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Leif,I'm very curious to hear if all this will definately solve your OOM problems.Keep us posted!!Sylvain
Sure!, I will get you all posted, but give me some days only, so I could do some diffr. longhaul flights first.I will try to have some answer beginning of next week to all of you. The flights will however be with the 747since I

Guest cuizinier

I have completed my first long flight (LSZH-KBOS 3300 nm) with the MD-11 without any OOM !!My rig is an AMD X2-6400/2go RAM/ ATI HD3850-256/XP home edition (32 bit). I run FS (in virtual cockpit with track -IR) @ 1680x1050 with AA 4x and AF 16x with the following addons : FSDT-LSZH + UT europe + UT canada +UT USA + Flytampa KBOS + AS6.5 + FE + GE + Skai (traffic set at 30%). all setting in FS at the maximum except extended terrain texture disabled.I have the 3G switch enabled (I installed it one year ago when i first experienced OMM errors flying long hauls with the 747)I proceeded as indicated in this forum http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...&PID=138287I paste bellow the instructions I followed but I encourage you to visit this treat as it contain more detailhope it will help you as much as it as helped me (no OOM since I have the 3G switch installed)cheersJulienfrom DAL488 's post : I use WinXP; not sure about Vista. The instructions below reference WinXP Pro, but I've done this on WinXP Home.The two steps are below. Remember, you do this at your own risk. Also do searches on this forum and Avsim's FS9 forum for "/3GB switch", "OOM", and "Out of Memory" to learn more. And search google for "/3GB switch" and "/userva" and you'll find the Microsoft tech pages describing this stuff.________________________________________________________________STEP 1 -Here's how to enable the 3GB switch (thanx to Michael Swannick):Adding the 3GB switch is very simple. You first need to locate your machines Boot.ini file which should be located in the root of your main system drive. (Be aware that this file may be hidden and marked as read-only initially.) You will want to open this file in a program such as Notepad to edit it properly.Before adding the 3GB switch though it is important to note that the switch is very picky, and requires that every device and driver on your system be fully WinXP compatible in order to work at all. If anything in the system is not compatible, Windows will not load at all when restarting with the 3GB switch activated. The only way to then remove the switch from the Boot.ini file so that Windows can load is to either mount the drive in another system and manually change the boot.ini file, or reformat the drive and re-install Windows. Both solutions are far from ideal.To safely add the 3GB switch we recommend adding a second instance of the OS in the boot.ini, and add the /3GB switch to that second version.----- default boot.ini without 3GB Switch -----This is what a default boot.ini file will look like. (This may differ from system to system.)timeout=30default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Pro"----- updated boot.ini with 3GB Switch -----This is what the updated version should look like. Notice the /3GB that has been added to the second instance of the OS line.timeout=30default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Pro"multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Pro with /3GB" /3GBwith this we have recclaimed 1GB of virtual adress space (VAS) (3GB for apps and 1GB for the system instead of 2GB for each before the switch) now you can refine this repartition of the VAS with the userva as followmulti(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Pro with /3GB" /3GB /Userva=2560(now 2,5 GB for apps and 1,5 GB for the system)Once you have updated your boot.ini file accordingly and have saved the changes, simply restart your system for the changes to take affect. When your system reboots you will be given the option to choose either the standard Windows XP version or the 3GB switch enabled Windows XP version. If you choose the 3GB version and it fails to allow Windows to properly load, just restart your system and you will be given the two options once again, where you can then choose the standard Windows XP version to load. Either way, if it works or doesn't, you can then remove whatever line you don't need in the boot.ini file. Alternately, you may wish to leave both settings so that you can choose to boot without the 3GB switch should you ever have problems with drivers installed in the future. The boot loader will default to the first option listed in the file. So you may want to put the /3GB option first. You may also wish to lower the timeout value to something quicker so that you don't have to wait for 30 seconds or press enter with each boot.__________________________________________________________________STEP 2 -Now to modify to the fs9.exe (thanks to Markus and Stu):First download the explorer from http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.phpNext make a copy from fs9.exe. Than start "CFF Explorer" and open the orginal fs9.exe file.Now go to NT Header/File Header and click File Header. There you find a button labeled "click here". Click it. And select the mark at "App can handle> 2gb adressest "Save the modified EXE, overwrite the orginal one (You have youre copy saved?).

Extended texture loading is the key setting for getting OOMs. VS usage drops a LOT if you turn off extended textures. Only when flying high FLs, turning off extended textures really leaves you with low quality bitmaps very close to the aircraft, looking really bad.

Guest cuizinier
Extended texture loading is the key setting for getting OOMs. VS usage drops a LOT if you turn off extended textures. Only when flying high FLs, turning off extended textures really leaves you with low quality bitmaps very close to the aircraft, looking really bad.
You are right and that is why I mentioned that they are indeed desactived in my previous post but I found that disabling extented textures is required (on my rig) to avoid blurries, especially flying over photo sceneries/ UT covered areas. before applying the 3G\ switch I had OOM even with extended textures disabled !regarding the low quality bitmaps, it is just a matter of visibility setting to avoid seeing them (as you mentioned it is an issue only at high altitude):1- in fs9.cfg in have changed MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS from 96560 to 44000 (be aware that this revert to the default value when you modify the graphic setting in FS)2- in AS option I have under the visibility section the following settings setting enabled: Visibility smoothing, Enforce Visibility limits and Fog layer generation enabled and the Maximum Visibility is set at 30 smcheersJulien

Julien, doesn't that give you a white-ish front view, without any horizon? Always when I set AS to such low visibility, I couldn't see the horizon, and I didn't have any feel of movement.