Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

ASA Interim Update (BETA) Now Available

Hello everyone,B355 update is now available for download. This is currently a BETA, use at your own risk. We expect to have an official update within a few more days.The download is: http://dreamcatcher.hifisim.com/ASA-Update-B355.zip. It installs over the top of your existing installation. You must be sure to select your ASA installation folder when asked, as choosing the wrong folder will result in an improper update.Thanks go out to all our customers who'd helped identify and given feedback on issues they were experiencing. We've managed to solve them and confirm them fixed during internal beta, and thanks to the Beta team's hard work, we're now ready to open it up to public testing.Please note that the PMDG/FSX/DWC issue with potential wind sways and the full fix is still pending. We are actively working with PMDG on this. We've managed to significantly reduce "s-turn" effects but they can still occur in some situtations. We are confident that we can fully fix this in short order.Here are the revision notes:Interim Update 01092009 (B355 Beta):Enhancements:- Added short time display to main screen log messages.- Added context menu to right-click of Taskbar item for ASA.- Added

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi All,We would appreciate feedback in new threads and not in this announcement thread. It is too hard to keep track of things otherwise!Thanks!

Currently, FSUIPC v4 registered can be used to smooth FSX winds without DWC, although wind directions will often be rendered incorrectly.
[Oops, Sorry Jim, I just noticed your post requesting only new threads. Feel free to move this to new post if it helps.]Thanks for the update and all the tester's hard work. I'm downloading it now...Damian, I'm confused with regard to the quote above; I had been running ASX and ASA with DWC disabled and still relying on FSUIPC4 smoothing. The above statement is the first time I've ever heard that the wind direction can be incorrect using FSUIPC4. In fact, it was ASX smoothing that was notoreously incorrect. Can you or Jim please recommend the best configuration of ASA sp1 beta, FSXsp2, and FSUIPC4 (reg'd) for no wind-shifts and accurate depiction (especially for approach)?Thanks again for the great support!Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Buzz313th

Thanks for the Beta Patch...I'm running FSX w accellJust installed it and things seem ok...Just one problem still showing up.Station temps are correct between ASA and FSX when at station elevation. Climbing to roughly 5k to 6k and OAT climbs roughly 20 degrees F. After above 5k-6k temp starts dropping roughly 1-2 degrees F per thousand feet. I mentioned this before in another post with the original version of ASA. Technically temps should drop the standard adiabatic lapse rate unless ASA is trying to simulate an inversion layer. JB

To quote Jim in the second post in this thread.

Hi All,We would appreciate feedback in new threads and not in this announcement thread. It is too hard to keep track of things otherwise!Thanks!
Probably best to lock the thread Jim.

Cheers, Andy.

an easy one: what does DWC stand for? :( Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hi Andy,It hasn't been too bad yet! One person realized their mistake so I answered in a new thread below. Once it becomes too much, the key will come out!!

We expect to have an official update within a few more days.
Can we expect SP1 sooner rather than later?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi,We marked other issues that the beta did not fix, so the team is looking at those as well.Thanks!

Hi,We marked other issues that the beta did not fix, so the team is looking at those as well.Thanks!
Thanks for the reply. :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)