Sign in to follow this  
Guest BentWing

spd rest 0/flaps 737 8/900

Guest BentWing

help please, :( I'm really stuck and the only similar thread got no replies.A route is programed into the fmc as in the 800 (and 600) FMC manual. V2 is set, t/o trim set. toga will engage but 0/flaps is in the spd rest, so at rotation the entire speed tape is flaged in red (overspeed) and the throttles are pulled.I can get lnav and vnav with autothrotte off. It is OK after flaps up and before flaps down.I have only just got this add-on and after a week I have run out of ideas, can anyone offer a fix?I haven't used a FMC in real life but have done the theory.Again please offer some ideas, Thanks.Vista, fs2004, 600/700 and 800/900 installed with updates and a few liveries, "do after this" for 600 liveries is done.

"but 0/flaps is in the spd rest"Huh? What takeoff flaps are you using? Normal is 5.Takeoff procedure is to rotate about 10-12 deg, gear up on positive climb, then hold the speed to V2+10. This may require agressive pitchup if you are light. Watch the green trend line, pitch up to shorten it then hold pitch until above 400AGL to engage A/P VNAV/LNAV.If this doesn't help, post a screen shot of your 2D panel right after takeoff and let's see what is happening.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BentWing

Many thanks for your reply.The FMC generates this restriction, I have set t/o flap of 5 (or 10) and tried V2 (and V2+10); all both on the FMC and "aircraft", but the restriction remains.Can't send a pic now as I'm working but the instant I set flap the FMC "0/flaps" is indicated and at rotation the airspeed tape gets a complete scale red overspeed with the speed trend white indicator dropping rapidly. I presume there is a fundamental programming error but I can't work out what it is.Paul

Guest flaps50

hi everybody! I have exactly the same problem with 737 after 800-900 version install. At lift-off the whole airspeed tape is in red and FMC calculated speeds are not managed (a/c tends to stall as the airspeed drops abruptly). The situation reverts to normal after flaps retraction. The same malfunction happens on approach as soon as the flaps are down. Tried to re-install all the PMDG products incl. 747(the sequence is as reqiured, btw), but it does not solve this issue. Would also appreciate any ideas what could have triggered such a misbehavoiur :) Dmitry DenisovUNNT

This sounds familiar but I can't recall (there is that short memory again).A screen shot at about 400 AGL or when you are getting ready to engage A/P would help.Normal takeoff procedure with flaps 5 TOGA and medium weights is after rotation hold IAS to V2+10 until above 400 AGL then engage A/P, VNAV & LNAV.But I do remember this problem from a year ago or more, but be assured it is not the simulation programming. There is something going on but the 737 has been out for many years and is normally very predictable.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest flaps50

Thank you Dan for your input. I agree with you - for already several years I enjoy PMDG 737 as a sample of bug-free and competent product. That is why I decided finally to upgrade to 800/900 series and that is why I am actually puzzled with the problem I am facing now. Extensive search in this forum helped me to figure out why autobrake switch does not return to "off" position after take off, like it was in 600 series, :( hopefully i will find solution to this one.Attached is the screenshot after rotation (gear up, flaps 2). FMC shows "0/flaps" in SPD REST section instead of "250/10000". This line changes exactly after flaps set 5 for take-off and changes back after the flaps are retracted.

See page 8-14 in the FMS chapter of the manual. That line will show 250/10000 only after flaps are up, before then it will show the speed limit for the amount of flaps that are extended.In your case, I notice you are not using autothrottle or VNAV and your MCP speed window is set for 116. I don't know why it is showing 0 instead of a flaps 2 speed restriction.How does it behave when you use TOGA and VNAV with A/T?Also, be sure to set your MCP speed for V2+10.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest flaps50

Autothrottle (+TOGA) is not used because it leads to stall, since the target speed is 0 (see FMC) - that is what Paul mentioned starting the topic. The same is with any vertical profile mode (VNAV). I have to control throttles manually, because of this malfunction.The MCP speed is 176, which can be seen by red arrow at airspeed tape, which is exactly V2+20 for current TOW/weather/rwyAlso I noticed that runway code in upper left corner of PFD is yellow instead of white and is crossed-out - what does that mean?Dmitry

The yellow crossed out info is just an unusable ILS freq.I think I remember that this problem is caused by a corrupt config file that keeps the various reference speeds in it. It is either 737gauges.ini or ACS.ini .... not sure which.Try a repair with the installer and see if that helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

I proposed a solution in that thread (see, I said my memory was bad, I remember it now) and I suggest you try it. Often, folks will not report back if something works; only when it is broke.I still think I am on the right track but the repair option probably didn't update the .ini files (you can verify by looking at file dates). The simulation uses the speeds provided in the .ini file for the speed tape display.Uninstall the 737. Remove all pmdg files. Reinstall 737. You will also have to reinstall liveries if any.Let us know if this works (or not).

Dan Downs KCRP

hi everybody! I have exactly the same problem with 737 after 800-900 version install. At lift-off the whole airspeed tape is in red and FMC calculated speeds are not managed (a/c tends to stall as the airspeed drops abruptly). The situation reverts to normal after flaps retraction. The same malfunction happens on approach as soon as the flaps are down. Tried to re-install all the PMDG products incl. 747(the sequence is as reqiured, btw), but it does not solve this issue. Would also appreciate any ideas what could have triggered such a misbehavoiur :) Dmitry DenisovUNNT
I also had this same exact problem after installing the 800/900 models. I contacted PMDG via Email (before I knew there was a forum) and they told me to uninstall both all the models of the 737 with the removal tool on their website and then reinstall. After that problem was solved. I have included the email response form PMDG below:Daniel, From what I recall, the 600/700 should not have had this capability but the 800/900 should so something appears to be a little screwed up. I think that a clean install of your PMDG Products might be the best thing to address the problem. To perform a clean install of all of your PMDG products please accomplish the following. 1) Download the PMDG 737 Removal tool from our website download area. 2) Run the PMDG Removal tool to uninstall the PMDG 737 series 3) Remove the PMDG 747-400 and 400F using the remove install software control panel 4) Run the installer for the PMDG 737 600/700 Ver 1.3 and 737 800/900 Ver 1.1 5) Install the 737 800/900 optional model update if desired and any liveries 6) Install the PMDG 747-400 Ver 1.1 and the 747-400F ver 1.1 as necessary. 7) Install any 747-400 Liveries. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Regards Paul Gollnick Manager Customer/Technical Support Precision Manuals Development GroupDan Schultz

I read up there somewhere that someone mentioned about an autobrake returning to off after take off. Just a heads up for this doesn't happen in either the 6/7/800 series. You have to manually switch it back to off. As well, are you guys setting the MCP speed to V2 +10 on the ground just before take off? Real world procedures set the MCP to V2.