Sign in to follow this  
louiseSEUK

Simconnect problem - simconnect hangs

Hi folks,I've just been in the process of figuring out a pretty troublesome issue - it started with the PMDG MD11 and 747 hanging at the aircraft select screen; running simconnect diagnostics, and taking a look at event viewer, it seemed as though both planes couldn't find simconnect.dll - even though all three versions (RTM, SP1, Acceleration) existed in my Windows SxS folder. Further investigation suggested that simconnect may be corrupted - running AI Traffic.exe would also hang.Several reinstalls of Vista x64 and FSX later, I found the problem - and it's not such an obvious one. It seems that my documents folder was the root cause of the problem. I keep my docs on a separate drive, so always point my OS to the alternative location (in this case, F:\Documents). This apppears to break simconnect; even creating a folder \Documents\Flight Simulator X Files in the default location didn't rectify the issue.Paul Gollnick over at PMDG has very patiently worked with me on this problem, and let the Aces team know about this; I wanted to post here to really give a heads up in case others may find this problem in the future.ATB, Leo

Louise

London, UK