Having recently upgraded to an Intel Q9550 2.83GHz with 8.00 GB memory I decided to go the whole hog and get what seemed to be the best GPU.So I replaced my 512MB Asus 4870 with a GeForce GTX 295 which promised "blazing speed and performance."What a joke!Using exactly the same FSX settings as before it runs like an old banger compared to the 4870.Here's an example using the Carenado C152 parked at the end of the runway at Coffs Harbour (FTX Australian scenery) with frame rates set at unlimited, sliders in the middle, autogen medium, default fine weather.Asus: 29fps (vc panel) 28fps (ext spot view with terminal in background).GeForce: 18fps (vc panel) 20fps (ext spot view with terminal in background)Setting the frame rates to anything less than unlimited makes the GeForce perform even more poorly.Thinking it might be a driver issue I installed the latest version 181.20 but that made no difference whatsoever.BTW I run a 24inch lcd monitor set to 1920x1200x16 and Windows Vista Home.Oh dear ... what a very expensive mistake.

Guest djt01
Having recently upgraded to an Intel Q9550 2.83GHz with 8.00 GB memory I decided to go the whole hog and get what seemed to be the best GPU.So I replaced my 512MB Asus 4870 with a GeForce GTX 295 which promised "blazing speed and performance."What a joke!Using exactly the same FSX settings as before it runs like an old banger compared to the 4870.
First off how did you install the new video card? Secondly, why did you think a dual GPU card was going to do anything for a CPU bound game like FSX?

Guest D17S

The 8800GT (aka 9800GT) is still about all FS can use. Look on the bright side, though. Crysis will rock. Life does not end at FS. That 8Gs was a bit of an overkill too. FSX can only use 4. Your best bet is still to overclock the CPU. Now that'll get cha some - unarguable - performance.