Sign in to follow this  
tcas_climb

Trim Settings

Just wanted to get everybody's attention who were having this issue. Before the update, using random loads, the load manager used to arrange loads such that the ZFWCG would fall within a certain range, some of them i had recorded were as follows:27.4, 22.3, 23.8, 21.7, 21.5, 22.3, 22.5, 22.2, 23.0, 22.2, and she used to be very balanced, however since the update it appears the load manager is putting the loads a bit more forward than what it used to do, ive started seeing ZFWCGs like 18.2, 16.9, 21.1, 19.6, 19.4. I did 2 flights today using random loading but rearrange some cargo to bring the ZFWCG to 26.8 and 24.7, and started getting lower trim settings like what i used to (less than 6.2) and she was ALOT better, almost perfectly balanced.So try it out, im guessing a range between 22.0 and 29 would be good.

Just wanted to get everybody's attention who were having this issue. Before the update, using random loads, the load manager used to arrange loads such that the ZFWCG would fall within a certain range, some of them i had recorded were as follows:27.4, 22.3, 23.8, 21.7, 21.5, 22.3, 22.5, 22.2, 23.0, 22.2, and she used to be very balanced, however since the update it appears the load manager is putting the loads a bit more forward than what it used to do, ive started seeing ZFWCGs like 18.2, 16.9, 21.1, 19.6, 19.4. I did 2 flights today using random loading but rearrange some cargo to bring the ZFWCG to 26.8 and 24.7, and started getting lower trim settings like what i used to (less than 6.2) and she was ALOT better, almost perfectly balanced.So try it out, im guessing a range between 22.0 and 29 would be good.
I have been flying with just under full load which gives me ZFWCG of 23.0, still the plane wants to leave the ground then is very sensitive on rotation. Stab trim has been calculated (and set) around 5.4.Jay V.

So try it out, im guessing a range between 22.0 and 29 would be good.
That worked for me as well! I also noticed that when you have a lower ZFWCG in the MD11F version (even though you're still within the allowed range) the trim settings and take-off pitch feel a little "exaggerated" after rotation, but with higher ZFWCG the rotation and climb out is much stable -- using the same fuel quantity and flap settings. So in the Load Manager I always use full load and de-select the two containers in the front row and get a ZFWCG of about 24-25.

And who says you have to remove load, remember you can bring the ZFWCG more aft by slapping in some Ballast fuel in the tail tank

And who says you have to remove load, remember you can bring the ZFWCG more aft by slapping in some Ballast fuel in the tail tank
Bryan,If I may state this,What will be the next subject title on the same STAB setting item that is in question?Regards,Harry

Bryan,If I may state this,What will be the next subject title on the same STAB setting item that is in question?Regards,Harry
Thing is Harry mi amigo, that people are having this issue since the patch, nobody has come up with a definate reason why this is happening, others have come up with one option on how to deal with it in the meanwhile, and i, merely provided a suggestion that although i agree should not be and never was needed, it at least may work (and has worked for at least me and lulupaca) so that others who may not be only flying the plane to figure out what is wrong, can continue to enjoy this aircraft comfortably as before while we await some word on the issue, that's all.