Sign in to follow this  
Leffe

Longhaul testfight with XP64 and 4GB Ram....

Hi guys!I promised to share my experience, of my new upgraded OS, XP 64 with 4GB Ram in FS9.1So here it comes. I decided to make a longhaul flight with the 747-400 (Saturday 17 of jan)It had to be a very, very long flight, and mostly over land, to see what impact itwould have on this upgraded system. I also choosed to use the 747, since I

Hi Leffe, very nice flight. I can say that the FS memory size in your system is the same of mine in Windows XP 32. I don't have any memory problem in FS9Bye

Thank you for the feedback Leif!I will also make the change to a 64bits OS when building my next computer as it definately seems to be the way to get rid of the OOM errors in the future.Windows 7 64bits maybe?? ;-)Cheers,Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Hi!Forgot to mention this also, since some maybe be running FS9.1, with only nearly default scenery.Installed is1. UT-Terrain US installed2. UT-Terrain Europe installed3. UT-Terrain Eastern part Europe installed [add on from UT]4. Ground Env.pro installed5. Flight Env. installedInstalled isUK 2000 Heathrow Extreme UK 2000 Gatwick ExstremeMega FrankfurtMega viennaMega Charles de GaulleMega ArlandaMega Barajas MadridToulouseMarseilleSingaporeand lots of purchased airports in US, Japan, Australiaand lots of good freware airports in Italy, Israel, Turkie, Greece......Radar Contact and TrackIR were running during that trip.My system is a 3 year old AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+with Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MBnow with 4GB Ram and XP64/ Leffe

Been running the 744F on a 'win xp pro 32bit system 2gig ram E8600 4ghz 4970 ATI 512mb' Flying Ultra longhauls and never had a OOM. If you have old spare machines gathering dust it helps a lot to unload everything else to them.I currently have AS6.5, ACARS, TOPCAT, TSR AUTOBRAKE, NAVIGRAPH, SQUAWKBOX etc running seperate, leaving all my main PC's resources to FS9 and PMDG.Rob

Rob Prest

Hi!Here you can see under CHARACTERISTICS that FS9 exe file had Hi-mem enabled. Application can handle >2GB./ Leffe

I am glad to hear your problem has been solved. I will be wary upgrading from 2GB to 4 with my 32-bit XP.I was going to ask you what program produced those two maps in your lovely screenshots? (sorry to stray a little from your topic)CheersRudy

I am glad to hear your problem has been solved. I will be wary upgrading from 2GB to 4 with my 32-bit XP.I was going to ask you what program produced those two maps in your lovely screenshots? (sorry to stray a little from your topic)CheersRudy
Hi!Are you going to take advantage of 4GB Ram, then you'll need a X64 bit system. Vista or XP and also make the FS exe file Hi mem. The FS exe file is a 32 bit, which only can handle max 2GB if not hi-mem enabled. If you mean the screenie above then it's a program called Explorer Suite./ Leffe

If you mean the screenie above then it's a program called Explorer Suite./ Leffe
I think he's asking about the screenshot from the flight planner you have up there.(I think that is one of the flight planners for FS, for example, FSCommander or FSBuild,etc.) (??)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

i also have a xp64 bit and gb memory,i went over to 64 bit because i have lots of oom in 32bit with the 747now i have tried some trips in this system2x ben gurion to london (uk2000) oom both times1x dubai to paris (aerosoft) oom1x dubai to franfurt (aerosoft) oom1x franfurt to dubai (flytampa) no oom2x armenien to wien(flytampa) no oom1x new york to los angeles(cloud9)no oom1x atlanata to seattle (flytampa) no oomi have a E8400 clocket to 4 ghza gtx 2804 gb cosair xms 1066 mhz memoryi only installed ground envoriment pro and fs global 2008 no UTwhy do i get oom every time i try to land i a mega airport from aerosoftand its only with the 747 i have tried some shorter trips with the 737 to frankfurt and paris and have no oom.i begin to get very sad about it i dont know why this happend.anybody here who can help?

i also have a xp64 bit and gb memory,i went over to 64 bit because i have lots of oom in 32bit with the 747now i have tried some trips in this systemi only installed ground envoriment pro and fs global 2008 no UTwhy do i get oom every time i try to land i a mega airport from aerosoftand its only with the 747 i have tried some shorter trips with the 737 to frankfurt and paris and have no oom.i begin to get very sad about it i dont know why this happend.anybody here who can help?
Modano!Have you installed this;http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.phpX64 and 4GB Ram is only half of the solution. You have to make the "FS.exe" file hi-memory available. The FS.exe file is an 32 bit, which only can handleup to max 2GB. You have to make it, so it can handle >2GB. See my post above. First then you can handle more VS and physical Ram in FS./ Leffe

I think he's asking about the screenshot from the flight planner you have up there.(I think that is one of the flight planners for FS, for example, FSCommander or FSBuild,etc.) (??)
No in fact it's FsNavigator. The first pic is from Vroute. I got my flightplan from Vroute, on my XP32-bit and exported the file to FsNavigatoron my XP64-bit. I have both OS on the same computer, but in diffr partition.Vroute dosen't work in a X64 system yet, but hopefully soon.From FsNavigator I exported the file to PMDG>Flightplan and for FS9 to My Documents>Flight sim files (Radar Contact need from FS9 folder]/ Leffe

1. UT-Terrain US installed2. UT-Terrain Europe installed3. UT-Terrain Eastern part Europe installed [add on from UT]
Leffe,For this reason you should also try a flight the other way.Arriving at an airport in the UTE-covered region. Preferably a mega airport.IMHO that's the situation when OOMs are most probable.I remember flying Frankfurt to Dubai with no problems. But returning next day I ended up with an OOM.A few days ago I uninstalled UTE. However I haven't yet had time to make a PMDG longhaul to Frankfurt, Paris or London.I will surely do it and report too.Best regards,Rafal

thanks for the patch leffe hope it helps (ps jeg er osse dansker men ved ikke om vi m

thanks for the patch leffe hope it helps (ps jeg er osse dansker men ved ikke om vi m