Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdzurisin

http://www.supportflightsim.com - An open letter of support for the future of Flight Simulator

Guest jdzurisin

Hi Everyone,In response to the RIF of the ACES team, I wanted to put together an open letter of support/concern both for them and for the future of the franchise. This is not a militant movement, nor does it make any real demands. I understand economics as well as the next guy. I understand that sometimes actions must be taken by accountants far removed from the heartbeat of the fanbase. It is simply a way for our community to express the passion and commitment that many of us have to the Flight Simulator franchise. I have estabished the following URL in support of this project: http://www.supportflightsim.comThe form that you will find there allows folks to sign a statement of support for the Flight Simulator franchise. The only information that is required is a real name and email address. Participants will be given the option of making the email address hidden (default), viewable by me, or public. Email addresses WILL NOT be used for any other purpose. I have also added some custom fields such as # of copies of flightsim owned and # of hours flown/week as optional supporting data.Please feel free to sign or not...and to pass the url on to any flightsim related groups that you participate in, or not. For those that might be social networking types, links are provided at the bottom for a ton of social news sites like digg, and facebook. Folks can also feel free to put links on personal and community websites and blogs. It shouldn't take long for news to get out.Before long I think we will have a very heartfelt response. Regardless of the ultimate outcome, I think this is an excellent opportunity to impress Microsoft with the true value and power of the MSFS fan-base.Cheers and best wishes,~Jason

Guest jdzurisin

I just wanted to leave a comment of thanks to all of the 100+ folks that have signed in the last few days. Though as some folks have been saying "what is done is done", I still believe that everyone who has benefited from the Flight Simulator franchise should take the time to sign the letter of support.I know that I have found some of the comments and other data very compelling. Check it out as the list continues to grow.Cheers,~Jason