Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

MD-11 in FS9 performance

What kind of performance can I expect to see in FS9 on a Vista 64 system ? I perfectly understand this is a highly subjective question - as will the answers.But if you can compare the FPS to some other add-ons (PMDG 747 and CS 757 for FS9 come to mind) that will be more than adequate. Same ? Better ? Worse ? Also, is it possible to use it in no-VC mode ?Thanks for any input.

I haven't tried running FS9 in Vista yet (I still use XP sp3), but the running it on a 64bit system will help with the OOMs.

The MD11 in FS9 performs for most much better fps-wise than the 747. Not sure that Vista helps in this area (64b system either XP or Vista should be a serious consideration).As pointed out often, the VC code is not used except when viewing VC. No, there is not a version without the VC "code"

Dan Downs KCRP

What kind of performance can I expect to see in FS9 on a Vista 64 system ? I perfectly understand this is a highly subjective question - as will the answers.But if you can compare the FPS to some other add-ons (PMDG 747 and CS 757 for FS9 come to mind) that will be more than adequate. Same ? Better ? Worse ? Also, is it possible to use it in no-VC mode ?Thanks for any input.
Not exactly what you're seeking as I use XP 32b but in FS9 I get about 40 to 50% better frame rates than PMDG's 747.There are not separate models for VC and 2D but the MD11 has a very good 2D panel with easy to use click points for all the sub panels. The 2D view uses the VC side and rear cockpit views, the downside of this being that there can be a slight texture load delay when you switch to the side views. Hope this helps. It's a great model.Iain Smith

Not exactly what you're seeking as I use XP 32b but in FS9 I get about 40 to 50% better frame rates than PMDG's 747.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. :(