Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Delete any file / Directory.

Hello everyone.If you found yourself in a position where you wanted to delete a file, protected by BillyG's Gang, as the Divine's gift on Earth, and you could not, because they do not give you the Rights, here is a way to do it.Some of these Services cannot be Permanently shut down, like the "MS Center Store Update" carp. These Services, like the one above can take up to 100% of you resources, tie up your Phone line, etc., and interfere with your normal use.Most of these files / directories are used by some pesky Services that will send information from your system, and by some Spy utilities, like the file "mcupdate.exe".These files will also drain your System of Resources without any notification, and once connected you cannot disconnect, until you power the system down.This Procedure was posted by a very save individual, Mark Russinovich, and I hope some of you may be able to make use of it also.Note: Before you Delete any of these file, make sure you Save / Copy them, in case you want to restore them at a later date. Normally these files are used by very Special Services, at least to MS.To run the "Cmd.exe" as Administrator you Left Click (L.C.) on Start, L.C. in the Search box, Type "Cmd.exe", Right Click on that file and choose Run as Administrator, then type the commands below:i.e. takeown /f E:\windows\system32\"file name / i.e. jscript.dll"i.e. icacls E:\windows\system32\"file name / i.e. jscript.dll" /grant administrators:F"takeown /f Path_And_File_NameFor example, type takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll .2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER to grantadministrator's full access to the file:icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:FFor example, type icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grantadministrators:F"See pic of the typical use to delete "mcupdate.exe"Be sure you Know what you want to delete. Use at your own risk. TV