Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

PSS B772LR - Reinstall

Guest melf12

Hi John R,I read your post over on the FS 2004 Forum.I am 'trying' to reinstall the T7 from Backup DVD's. I used Power Quest Drive Image 7 to transfer the T7 folders from my 'G' Drive a couple of days before my whole SATA HD was reformated. So to reinstall, I would need install the whole contents of the 'G' Partition, warts and all. I have been trying to reinstall only the T7 Folders, it looks to me that it is not going to work. It maybe there are 'other' T7 files 'hiding' in none FS folders?I'll try anything...once.Best regards, and thank you for you help,Ken

Hi John R,I read your post over on the FS 2004 Forum.I am 'trying' to reinstall the T7 from Backup DVD's. I used Power Quest Drive Image 7 to transfer the T7 folders from my 'G' Drive a couple of days before my whole SATA HD was reformated. So to reinstall, I would need install the whole contents of the 'G' Partition, warts and all. I have been trying to reinstall only the T7 Folders, it looks to me that it is not going to work. It maybe there are 'other' T7 files 'hiding' in none FS folders?I'll try anything...once.Best regards, and thank you for you help,Ken
I'm certain John will be along soon. In the meantime have a look here: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...=file+structureJim Harnes

Ken,I am not familiar with Drive Image but know the theory. I assume that the original G drive was purely for FS9 and storage and that the OS was on another partition. The problem is that you cannot read the DVD directly to pull off the PSS files. In an ideal world you would restore the whole G drive from the DVD to a G partition on your new HDD. One option would be to do this onto your spare HDD and then copy and paste to the new one.However, as you obviously have recovered some files already, I assume Drive Image will allow you to identify and recover individual files from the image on DVD.Is this the case? If so all we have to do is identify which files you are missing.Let me know, then we can move forward.John

Guest melf12
Ken,I am not familiar with Drive Image but know the theory. I assume that the original G drive was purely for FS9 and storage and that the OS was on another partition. The problem is that you cannot read the DVD directly to pull off the PSS files. In an ideal world you would restore the whole G drive from the DVD to a G partition on your new HDD. One option would be to do this onto your spare HDD and then copy and paste to the new one.However, as you obviously have recovered some files already, I assume Drive Image will allow you to identify and recover individual files from the image on DVD.Is this the case? If so all we have to do is identify which files you are missing.Let me know, then we can move forward.John

Guest melf12

Yes, John that is the case.I used an IDE HD and made an Fs9 Folder, then directed Drive Image to 'unpack' the T7 folders and files there. Then using Copy/Paste placed them into the Fs9 master folder there.How should I list the files so you know which ones may be missing?I posted a message for you on the FS 2004 Forum.Ken

Yes, John that is the case.I used an IDE HD and made an Fs9 Folder, then directed Drive Image to 'unpack' the T7 folders and files there. Then using Copy/Paste placed them into the Fs9 master folder there.How should I list the files so you know which ones may be missing?I posted a message for you on the FS 2004 Forum.Ken
Ken, 1. We can use pm {or e-mail} if you wish.2. If you can send/post me a list of the 777 folders/files in the FS9 folder, I will check them and let you have what you need to get flying. I am around all evening,John R

Guest melf12
Ken, 1. We can use pm {or e-mail} if you wish.2. If you can send/post me a list of the 777 folders/files in the FS9 folder, I will check them and let you have what you need to get flying. I am around all evening,John R
Whilst I work out how I'm going to list T7 files :)The Fuel Planner works but not Load.cfg - If I remember rightly that means a trip to the Registry to enter the Aircraft Serial number.Ken

Whilst I work out how I'm going to list T7 files :)The Fuel Planner works but not Load.cfg - If I remember rightly that means a trip to the Registry to enter the Aircraft Serial number.Ken
Correct - but its no problem. I did it myself last week after a HDD replacement and full system re-install.To start with, do not list individual files, just show me the folder structure that you have. for example:FS9/Aircraft/PSS77704/Panel /Sound /TextureIs the 777 gauge folderAlso, as you have the 777 already showing in FS9, what happens when you load it. Do you see any panel, any gauges etc etc ??

Guest melf12
Correct - but its no problem. I did it myself last week after a HDD replacement and full system re-install.To start with, do not list individual files, just show me the folder structure that you have. for example:FS9/Aircraft/PSS77704/Panel /Sound /TextureIs the 777 gauge folderAlso, as you have the 777 already showing in FS9, what happens when you load it. Do you see any panel, any gauges etc etc ??

Guest melf12

"Is the 777 gauge folder" - what is the question? :)Aircraft Serial number - no 'VersionCheck' line in my Registry.When I load the T7 I get the normal cockpit panel, if I go to the Spot view I get the heat of metal spinning i.e. no Aircraft?Ken

"Is the 777 gauge folder" - what is the question? :)Aircraft Serial number - no 'VersionCheck' line in my Registry.When I load the T7 I get the normal cockpit panel, if I go to the Spot view I get the heat of metal spinning i.e. no Aircraft?Ken
It was not a question, it was showing you the structure of the 777 gauge folder as an example!Anyway, if you have the panel showing, lets look at the aircraft. Within FS9, you should have the following for the 777LR:FS9/aircraft/PSS-B772LR/model /model.noVC /panel /sound /texture.house {depending on the installed livery}Lets stop here - do you have these folders???

Guest melf12
It was not a question, it was showing you the structure of the 777 gauge folder as an example!Anyway, if you have the panel showing, lets look at the aircraft. Within FS9, you should have the following for the 777LR:FS9/aircraft/PSS-B772LR/model /model.noVC /panel /sound /texture.house {depending on the installed livery}Lets stop here - do you have these folders???

Guest melf12

Yes, I have those folders.I don't see a gauge folder! Specific to the T7.Also the voronoi.dat does not appear as an icon, just a white small oblong with a small design and the top r/h corner turned down. There are several of these scattered around in various folders?I'll have a look at the DVD to see if there is a gauge folder that I have missed.Ken

Ken,Very odd - I have been trying to reproduce what you are seeing but had no luck. A few more points:1. Do not worry about voronoi.dat - the icon does not matter as long as the file id there {even if it was not, it would not give the symptoms you have}.2. Not sure how you see a panel with out the PSSB77704 folder; however, again, that folder should not affect the symptoms you have.3. Looking at the picture you put on the main FS9 forum, your PSS-B773LR folder is obviously present and has the correct components. Wonder if you have a corrupt file. look at these:In PSS-B777LR folder: File PSSB777LR-GE.air Size 9205 bytes modified 2 Apr 06In Model.noVC folder: File PSSB777200LR-VC.mdl Size 2298494 bytes modified 6 Nov 05in Model folder: File PSSB777200LR.mdl Size 4203776 bytes modified 6 Nov 05These files define the aircraft shape etc {without any texture} and should allow you to see the full aircraft.I assume all the other and default FS9 aircraft are OK?John

Guest melf12
Ken,Very odd - I have been trying to reproduce what you are seeing but had no luck. A few more points:1. Do not worry about voronoi.dat - the icon does not matter as long as the file id there {even if it was not, it would not give the symptoms you have}.2. Not sure how you see a panel with out the PSSB77704 folder; however, again, that folder should not affect the symptoms you have.3. Looking at the picture you put on the main FS9 forum, your PSS-B773LR folder is obviously present and has the correct components. Wonder if you have a corrupt file. look at these:In PSS-B777LR folder: File PSSB777LR-GE.air Size 9205 bytes modified 2 Apr 06In Model.noVC folder: File PSSB777200LR-VC.mdl Size 2298494 bytes modified 6 Nov 05in Model folder: File PSSB777200LR.mdl Size 4203776 bytes modified 6 Nov 05These files define the aircraft shape etc {without any texture} and should allow you to see the full aircraft.I assume all the other and default FS9 aircraft are OK?John
Hi John, I think we are getting to the nitty gritty now.I looked at the PSSB772LR-GE.air 9kb file first, it's 'format' is notepad?Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.