Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcavi92

Error 1722 and -1603 During Flight Simulator X Installation... Help!

Guest jcavi92

Hi everyone,So I'm trying to do a reinstall of Flight Simulator X right? Well, I get to the end of the install and it seems to finish fine until two consecutive errors appear on screen: I get errors 1722 and -1603, the latter asking me to contact MSDN (MS Dev. Network)... I've been checking the internet all over for solutions and have even tried a MS remedy for the 1722 error, but no luck. I've been looking for 5 months now for a solution, but nothing seems to work. Please help! Thanks!P.S. I am attaching two images of the errors.

Guest VikingByNature

I myself had the same problem on my Windows XP Pro system but was able to finally resolve it on my own. In my case, as with many other cases, the RESETSLDL tool was simply not enough. I have found the problem occurs when any (or perhaps ALL) of the following issues are present:1. The user logs in as the Administrator.2. The Administrator has only Administrators group privileges and NO Users group privileges (as can be set in the LUsrMgr.MSC snap-in on Windows XP Pro for example).3. The "<Drive>:\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SLDL" path is on a drive formatted to NTFS and NOT FAT nor FAT32.4. The file(s) in that path have only Users group permissions forced (by the installer), NO Administrators group permissions set and not even the Everyone built-in principal set (which is kind of dumb and you cannot control that).That means that no program, not even an installer with all elevated privileges granted (as can be set in the GPEdit.MSC snap-in on Windows XP Pro for example) that is running under the Administrator login in that case cannot even access the "...\SLDL" directory nor any of its files--even just for reading. That is why "Error 1722" occurs!THREE WAYS to resolve the problem:1. The easy way is to make sure that the Administrator account has Users group privileges (if you've removed that group from it previously) in addition to Administrators, restart the system and run RESETSLDL -All.2. Log in as a User but make sure all installation privileges are elevated and then run RESETSLDL -All.3. The hard way, which I have chosen, is to repoint the %ALLUSERSPROFILE% variable to a directory on a drive formatted to FAT32 (where no permissions can be set and/or forced), COPY (DO NOT "MOVE") the contents in the "<Drive>:\All Users" folder to the new folder on the FAT32 drive, restart the system and then run RESETSLDL -All before re-running the FSX installation.In more detail, to execute step #3, run the following command in the Command Prompt window to accurately copy the contents, replacing the parameters enclosed in <> with the drive letters you would need to specify (DO NOT use the "MOVE" command as this could mess up your system):XCOPY "<Original>:\All Users\*.*" "<New>:\All Users" /C /E /F /H /I /K /V /-Y(NOTE be sure to use ALL of the last 8 parameters for a reliable and accurate copy as many of the files that are being copied over are system-related!)Next, run "RegEdit", browse to the path "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList" and change only the drive letter in the value 'ProfilesDirectory', leaving the ":\" as it is. After all this is done, be sure to restart the system.Anyways, so far, that's all there is to it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post a reply.-= VbN =-

It looks to me, having read the above solution which is quite complex, is that it will not be possible to install FSX on a Windows 7 64 bit machine as I have followed the solutions offered by Microsoft downloading the KB928080 utility which will not install  on my computer, thus leaving me with a "dead end".  The above solution doesn't seem to be a solution either as the answer is quite complex.  It looks like I would have to be a computer geek to do this which I am not.

If you don't have much else on this PC, a full format and re-install of Windows will fix it. FSX runs very well on Win 7 x64. I realize that might not be the ideal solution but for my FSX machine, I would never consider just a reinstall of FSX over itself.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor