Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

RealAir Duke - preview pics

Guest dakrisht

Beautiful bird, when can we get it? :(

i have been waiting a long time for this beauty hope it comes out soonBo

Bo Klop

Hey wait a minute!After closer examination I spotted a couple of rivets 1 mm out out of place and that skin wrinkle in the left cowling is entirely unacceptable, it should wrinkle left to right instead of right to left.A three year wait for this??? :( :(

Guest kwilson

Have to disagree with you Skully . Those rivets are actually 1.5mm out of place :( .Seriously though, this plane looks great. Realair really seem to be able to work that bump mapping texture.

Those rivets are actually 1.5mm out of place :( .
Unbelievable...

You guys are worried about rivets? I blew the picture up 200x and noticed some recombinant dust and minute oil stains preserved about 2.1 inches down the length of the right aileron. I conclude that the model is therefore based on a well maintained Duke, with perhaps 10,000 hours on it, and flown by a guy from New Mexico. This is the kind of accuracy that I am looking for. Well done, Real Air!

IMO, It's very impressive looking. Personally, I like fine artwork for my simulated aircraft. It's the reason I'll buy Captain Sim "shells" just for the exteriors. :( http://realairsimulations.com/duke09/scree...09_previewshotsL.Adamson
Probably my next payware purchase--always thought the Duke looked like it was cruising at 220kts standing still. Can't wait to see the interior previews and the VC. Since moving to FSX I've become quite a VC fan on GA aircraft. It's a fair bet if it's a Real Air product, flight dynamics will be dead on.Regards,John

Probably my next payware purchase--always thought the Duke looked like it was cruising at 220kts standing still. Can't wait to see the interior previews and the VC. Since moving to FSX I've become quite a VC fan on GA aircraft. It's a fair bet if it's a Real Air product, flight dynamics will be dead on.
I'm a fan of VC's for GA also. I also have a tendency to look out over the wings much of the time when flight simming (and real life). Therefore, good bump mapping for wing panels and rivet lines add a lot to the illusion of being in a real airplane. As I mentioned previously; artwork and graphics are high on my list of what I want in a simulated airplane, as well as believable flight dynamics. L.Adamson

OH HELLO DUKE!Super speedy, super frame rate friendly, super duper SP2 native model!!!HELLLLLLO DUKE!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

..and I'll be buying for the interiors.... :(
Geofa,I was afraid you were leaving our beloved FSX for X Plane. Now that you've expressed interest in the Duke, I'm relieved.Stan

Geofa,I was afraid you were leaving our beloved FSX for X Plane. Now that you've expressed interest in the Duke, I'm relieved.Stan
Stan-I always have no loyalty but to what is best-and I am sure the Duke is going to be ....Best!