Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

Skins dissappear

Guest Mower

Happens with both the PMDG 744 (and the MD-11 for that matter) and the LDS 763. Have not seen any pattern as to what the cause or trigger is.Your input please folks.Thanx!Using TrafficX and GEX, UTX, REX.1-3.jpg2-3.jpg

It looks like that new stealth 744 that I've heard "unconfirmed" reports about :(

I had this happen once, sorta. Mine didn't go stealth mode but the exterior skin disappeared to reveal seating. I never figured it out, but was easily fixed with a complete uninstall and reinstall. Only happened once.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Mower

Oh I will not be doing any reinstall with all the payware add-ons I have...LOL...besides, this has been happening though at least 2 reinstalls.

I had this happen on FS2002, kept happening till I upgraded my computer and got a new video card, processor and various other goodies. Still don't know what caused it, just glad it stopped.I'd look at video card drivers, but that's a random guess.Trent.

"Using TrafficX and GEX, UTX, REX"I am experiencing this issue right now and have just spent many many hours doing a full reinstall to no avail. I either just lose all the outside textures or like the VC pics you showed. This post is older but wondering if you made any breakthroughs? I have the same addons as you,,, and then some. But so far can't find which is causing the texture issues, I am thinking possibly a combination of Rex and TrafficX. Almost as if FSX has reached a limit to how much eye candy it will allow one to see. My comp is a beast and it's not the problem but I am starting to think perhaps I reached the limits of FSX, haha...Anywho, let me know... Here are my addons:PMDG 747-400, Active Sky Advanced, REX 2.0, GEX, UTX, Redux lights, STB (Super Traffic Board), FSPassengersXI just replaced UT2 with Traffic X on account of UT2 issues with STB. Which is what lead me to do the full reinstall. Most of my settings are at max or very close and can even run Fraps with all my adds so again, it doesn't seem like it is a hardware issue.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

"Using TrafficX and GEX, UTX, REX"I am experiencing this issue right now and have just spent many many hours doing a full reinstall to no avail. I either just lose all the outside textures or like the VC pics you showed. This post is older but wondering if you made any breakthroughs? I have the same addons as you,,, and then some. But so far can't find which is causing the texture issues, I am thinking possibly a combination of Rex and TrafficX. Almost as if FSX has reached a limit to how much eye candy it will allow one to see. My comp is a beast and it's not the problem but I am starting to think perhaps I reached the limits of FSX, haha...Anywho, let me know... Here are my addons:PMDG 747-400, Active Sky Advanced, REX 2.0, GEX, UTX, Redux lights, STB (Super Traffic Board), FSPassengersXI just replaced UT2 with Traffic X on account of UT2 issues with STB. Which is what lead me to do the full reinstall. Most of my settings are at max or very close and can even run Fraps with all my adds so again, it doesn't seem like it is a hardware issue.
This COULD just be RAM depletion. However, if you're using Vista or Windows 7 (and I see you're using Vista64), then the problem might also be this one (although your symptoms don't look quite severe enough for this to be the case):http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249782If this (rather than RAM depletion) is the problem, then the solution is bizarre but simple:Control Panel > Sound > Playback > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > Default Format > 16 bit, 8000 Hz (Telephone Quality).Repeat for all audio playback and recording devices.Not all audio drivers let you choose "16 bit, 8000 Hz (Telephone Quality)". If not, choose the lowest sound quality you can. The lower the quality you can choose, the greater the likelihood of fixing the problem. I have had success with up to 11,000Hz; others have had success with up to 16,000Hz.This is a very bizarre problem. The general consensus (when I last checked) is that something got broken when Vista and Windows 7 ditched native DX hardware acceleration for audio. But really that just a guess. Anyway, it works.Tim

Chris-Dan has a thread with a similar issue. I answered in his thread- so take a read there for solutions and greater understanding.We go through rashes of similar reports- and I've even succeeded in triggering this myself when testing some advanced settings... If you push things too hard- the sim pushes back.Also- while I have your attention- please review avsim's image posting guildelines. Your images are WAY too large. thanks!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I did have some problems in last two years with various add-ons. I made many changes many information reading. No solid solution to this problem ever founded. The only temporary solution is switching to FSX in DX:10 review Mode, with Anti-aliasing box checked and Anisotropic filtering selected. You aren't going to experiencing these problems again, ( I hope). DX:10 review mode has some minor problems, FSX Ace Team was working on it, but they didn't have a chance to complete it. RegardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Thank you HUGE! For the info Tim & Robert! I had a similiar texture issue and lowering my audio to 8000hz has fixed them all.See http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=264413 for more info.Thanks again!!!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hy Turbine777,what Soundcard and driver do you use. I tried few cards but i can

Dan Prunier

I have only a X-Fi Gamer and the onboard Realtek. Does anybody have a driver for one of these soundchips which supports 800 Hz ?Does anybody knows a extern Soundcard with soundmax-chip AD2000B ?Thank you

I have only a X-Fi Gamer and the onboard Realtek. Does anybody have a driver for one of these soundchips which supports 800 Hz ?Does anybody knows a extern Soundcard with soundmax-chip AD2000B ?Thank you
If you have an X-Fi, you should be able to download the drivers at the Creative website. You should also disable onboard sound in the BIOS.Mike S.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

If you have an X-Fi, you should be able to download the drivers at the Creative website. You should also disable onboard sound in the BIOS.Mike S.
I download a driver on the creative site, but this driver don