Sign in to follow this  
Earl_Buice

jagged edges

Hi FLYII ers!Wow, it has been a while since I posted here but I have been lurking every now and then. FLYII is still great!I have a problem with jagged edges. I have loaded FLYII onto my new gamer: i7-940, 3G DDR3, Vista 64 SP1, GTX260. Incidentally, I no issues just running the CD to install FLYII and loading the updates to 240. I thought I read where some had problems with this on Vista 64.Of course it sings on this beast but no matter what I do, I have jagged edges as though I have no smoothing. Anti-aliasing doesn't seem to be working even when set to 16x.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks,Earl

Hi FLYII ers!Wow, it has been a while since I posted here but I have been lurking every now and then. FLYII is still great!I have a problem with jagged edges. I have loaded FLYII onto my new gamer: i7-940, 3G DDR3, Vista 64 SP1, GTX260. Incidentally, I no issues just running the CD to install FLYII and loading the updates to 240. I thought I read where some had problems with this on Vista 64.Of course it sings on this beast but no matter what I do, I have jagged edges as though I have no smoothing. Anti-aliasing doesn't seem to be working even when set to 16x.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks,Earl
Hi Earl, As I'm not overly familiar with the nVidia GTX series, much less Vista 64-bit - not really sure what one can do. Did you manage to save your original (working) render.ini file from other machine? Do you have the MemCalc program that was in the library? Check your Fly.ini file and under the UI section you'll see askUserForGraphicSettings=x . 0 is off, 1 is on. May want to reset your graphics config. Also - the video dll's for the sim (tridx7, tridx8 or tridx8tl) might not be capable of working with the newer video cards. Not sure on that. Did the set-up area recognize your newest card? I am still using my old nVidia TI-4200 - with the following settings in my fly.ini:/Graphics/airShadowFlag=1showDistantClouds=1flatShadeFlag=0filterFlag=1useAGPFlag=2gamePIXX=1024gamePIXY=768gameBitsPerPixel=32autoFullScreen=0useDirect3D=1ditherFlag=1useLensFlare=1numTextureSlots=600environmentMap=1rendererVideoCard=0textureDetailThreshold=5exteriorCamZoom=28672interiorCamZoom=28672useNightLights=2limitTaxiwayPavementDistance=0detailTileMinimumPixels=24detailTileAutoDisable=1popBuildingsIntoView=0popBuildingsTolerance=20desiredMinPossibleVisibility=100desiredMaxPossibleVisibility=316800rendererDLLPath=tridx8tl.dlltaxiwayTileRepeat=4highDetailRadius=4medDetailRadius=11animateWater=1minCameraZoom=8192maxCameraZoom=49152movieSizeX=256movieSizeY=192movieFPS=50maxUserVisibility=40useEnvLighting=1waterTransparency=167waterTilingDensity=1scatteredCloudCount=500fewCloudCount=248sceneryDetailLevel=5enableNightLights=1distanceHidingRadius=10viewableTaxiwayPavementDistance=5000viewableTaxiwayLightDistance=5000markingTotalFadeOutDistance=12152viewableTaxiwayHeight=6000viewableTaxiwayMarkingDistance=6000runwayLightFogPenetration=1500lightScalarDusk=50lightScalarDawn=50lightScalarDay=100lightScalarNight=25runwayLightDistanceFadeMinFeet=40152runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxFeet=55380runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxRatio=56lightIntensityStandard=0.500000lightIntensityCenterline=0.500000lightIntensityTouchdown=0.500000lightIntensityALSF=1.000000lightIntensityRAIL=2.000000lightIntensityVASI=3.000000lightIntensityREIL=3.000000lightIntensityTaxiway=0.125000userHeadPitch=-3randomlySwapSkies=1As I only have 128mb of VRAM, the render.ini settings may not be fully appropriate - hence the need for MemCalc program, but here is what I have:GraphicsmipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0TexturesmaxTextures32=64maxTextures32_565=64maxTextures64=200maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=350maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=220maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=10maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896NonAGPmaxTextures256_565=16AGPmaxTextures256_565=32Dunno if any of this will help much, Earl. But doesn't hurt to have the info!! :( Let us know how things go. I've forgotten who may have a Cista 64 setup with Fly!II, but am sure once they see the forums back up, they'll pop in and see this message.Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken,Sorry for the delay, I just now saw your reply. Thanks for your info, I'll check it against mine shortly.As is usually the case, my problems were no further away than my own nose! I did not yet (still don't completely) understand how to work with my GTX card. FLYII now is much better and very fluid.It's funny thinking back on the old days of Beta Test and early release of FLYII how it seemed as though "fluid" wasn't possible for FLYII. I thought I had a pretty fair system for the time, PIII800, 256M RAM, WIN98SE.Thanks again, Ken. I hope all is well with you and family.God bless,Earl

I recall in the beginning that about the only time I had a problem was when I'd try to build sceneries up with the editor. For some reason the Firehouse and any firetrucks would wreck havoc with my vidcard. Same as listed below! My trusty old Gateway is still going strong, and though it can barely run MSFS X, it actually seems to run Fly! II much better than it originally did (after upgrading to XP, for some strange reason!). Doing good this end, thanks! Hope all is well with you and yours as well! Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster