Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

Problem when switching views

Guest 413X3

If I am out in the middle of nowhere, or the ocean, and switch views with the S key, when I come back into the virtual cockpit, the gauges don't refresh and stay static. This has happened to me on PMDG aircraft. Does anyone know why this might happen?When I am around other airports, and the views cycle a certain way, everything works fine. But out in nowhere, there is no tower view, so everything is just spot, then aircraft, then cockpit. Just a bug with FSX?ThanksAlex

From my observations of the "S" key view cycling function I suspect that there is a good deal of memory shuffling going on when I use this function, so much so that I just don't use it anymore. When I want to change views I simply right click anywhere on the view I'm looking at and select my next view from the menu. Cycling views with the "S" key seems agonising on my machine, and selecting views from a menu seems relatively painless. I'd say your gauge refresh procedure gets lost somewhere along with all the other memory shuffling.

Mike Beckwith

If I am out in the middle of nowhere, or the ocean, and switch views with the S key, when I come back into the virtual cockpit, the gauges don't refresh and stay static. This has happened to me on PMDG aircraft. Does anyone know why this might happen?When I am around other airports, and the views cycle a certain way, everything works fine. But out in nowhere, there is no tower view, so everything is just spot, then aircraft, then cockpit. Just a bug with FSX?ThanksAlex
AlexSounds like a case of the black/disappearing textures. The otherwise-excellent PMDG products are, I am afraid, getting a bit of a reputation for this. Here is a solution which seems to work:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249930See this thread, which shows it working for at least one other person:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249782Two more tips about this solution: (i) you might be able to skip updating the driver if you want and (ii) if this method doesn't work, you may need to do a very clean installation of your Nvidia drivers (uninstall the GPU from the Device manager, choosing to delete the driver files, then run Driver sweeper to delete all Aegia and Nvidia-related files and settings, then run it again and again until you're sure it's got everything that can be deleted without a reboot, then reboot, then install your new Nvidia driver).Tim
AlexSounds like a case of the black/disappearing textures. The otherwise-excellent PMDG products are, I am afraid, getting a bit of a reputation for this. Here is a solution which seems to work:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249930See this thread, which shows it working for at least one other person:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249782Two more tips about this solution: (i) you might be able to skip updating the driver if you want and (ii) if this method doesn't work, you may need to do a very clean installation of your Nvidia drivers (uninstall the GPU from the Device manager, choosing to delete the driver files, then run Driver sweeper to delete all Aegia and Nvidia-related files and settings, then run it again and again until you're sure it's got everything that can be deleted without a reboot, then reboot, then install your new Nvidia driver).TimPS: Highmike: I agree it LOOKS like a RAM problem. But as you'll see if you read the second of those threads, this does not seem to be the case after all.