Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG J41 Night lighting preview and other tid-bits...

Captains-Now that we're back from the AVSim Outage of Oh-Nine , we thought we'd give you a small visual update on the PMDG BAe JS4100 cockpit at night!Before we get to the images, a bit of information some other project phases...Development is taking just a bit longer than originally anticipated, but things are progressing smoothly. We have almost the entire airplane implemented, along with some pretty cool gizmos for you to play with within the simulation. I'll preview some of these over the next few days...We are wrapping up Alpha testing currently, and anticipate putting the airplane to BETA sometime next week. This airplane is pretty well tested already in ALPHA, so we do not anticipate a long BETA process.I know you'd love for me to tell you when we plan to release the airplane, but doing so would virtually guarantee some catastrophic development hiccup that would hold us up for another month- so I'm simply going to keep the normal PMDG Release Mantra: It will release when it is finished. MD11:====We've had a few folks ask if there is another MD-11 update in the works. Not at the moment. Right now the development agenda is focused on the J41 and the NG2.0. I anticipate another update, but there is no ETA for that at this time.The Advanced Tutorial is still in development. Last update I had from Markus was that he had just crossed the final approach fix, so he doesn't have much more to do. As for a release timeline: When it's done. :( NG2.0:=====The NG2.0 continues to progress nicely! I do not anticipate we will begin showing you this airplane for a few months yet- but it is really coming along nicely. Many of the advanced systems are being installed right now, and we anticipate commencing ALPHA testing the airplane in about 60 days.Release Timeline: (You know the answer- insert it here!) :( Dash 8:=====Right now the visual model is being constructed, and we anticipate the remainder of the development process starting approximately 1 week after then J41 is released. Project Next:========We've finalized the selection process for the airliner that will follow the NG2.0... We'll have more information on that in a few months. :( PMDG BAe JS4100:============Okay- back to the cockpit night images!Overview of Main Panel with wash lighting and backlighting.PMDG_J41_VC_Flood_Lighting.jpgView from the cockpit Jumpseat, panel backlighting illuminated....PMDG_J41_VC_Instrument_Lighting.jpgCockpit with backlighting and cockpit floods illuminated....PMDG_J41_VC_VC_Dome_Light.jpgWe've put quite a bit of effort into clarity. You can zoom in, such as this section of the overhead panel, without losing clarity. It's practically like being there!PMDG_J41_VC_Overhead_Instrument_Lighting_Detail.jpgSpeaking of detail, with the wash lighting, you'll find position appropriate shading originating from the knobs and raised gauge faces!PMDG_J41_VC_Flood_Light_Detail.jpgAs you can see from these images, we are putting a significant amount of effort into improving the level of detail and realism in the visual side of our simulations. The J41 is the technology testbed for the NG2.0, so you can imagine how incredible the NG2.0 is going to look- as well as the products that follow the NG2!As I mentioned earlier in the post, we have added some "gizmos" to the flight deck to enhance the in-cockpit experience, as well as quite a bit of visual candy to the outside of the airplane to make the airplane more photogenic than any previous PMDG product.We'll be posting more information on the airplane at an increasing rate as we close in on BETA and RELEASE...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,i might be completely wrong here, but this is the first time that at least i read anything about a Dash 8?? Can you confirm this?BestHolger Dallmeyer

Hey Robert! This really looks incredible and I can't await the release. Another sure buy for me. Use all the time you need to finish this. I prefer to wait 4 weeks longer and have a bug free aircraft. But I'm not afraid with PMDG in these matters... :(

Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine actually seeing this on my computer screen. Can't wait. Now, a few other details:1.) The MD-11 actually needs updating? Seriously? What an amazing aircraft.2.) Sounds to me like the NG is actually further along than I thought, this is good to hear. Maybe you could shed light on how long Alpha testing took on the JS41??3.) I absolutely am thrilled about the Dash-8. I anticipate using this to help me train for my regional job, since it's not looking like I'll get a job with them any time before this beauty is released. Do you plan on releasing a similar manual lineup of the MD-11 for the JS41 and the Dash?4.) I can only DREAM that you've decided to finally give in and design a state-of-the-art, better-than-the-actual-aircraft 777. Man will that day ever come?!?!It's looking amazing, the development of this company's product lineup over the past few years has been incredible to watch. Thank you so much for pushing the FS add-on envelope!

Hi Robert,thank you for your update. I have to admit, when you release these birds, I have to clean up my hangar of regional aircraft, to have space for your aircrafts. Nice to know, that this Dash will be a Dash 8, I hope it will be a Q300/Q400 Bundle with austrian arrows livery :)anyway, take you the time you need to finish your projects, as long as you keep us updated with pictures and other teasers, I can wait :)

Amazing detail in the J41,Looking forward to it!! Thanks very much for all the good news!!

Wow,....That looks jus amazing!However, I am very concerned that it will not be released for FS9. :(

Staffan

Wow,....That looks jus amazing!However, I am very concerned that it will not be released for FS9. :(
Staffan - your system specs are the same as mine! Get FSX - runs like a dream on my system....

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

There is no way that panel lighting could be duplicated in FS9.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oops looks like you let a clue out there. The next aircraft is a dash 8. Well that probably wasn't a big surprise, but a dash 7 would have been cool too.

Guest Buzz313th

Robert,Thanks for showin us.. It looks awsome, you must be happy considering this is your baby.Can you give us any info on the new failure modules planned? Or are the details still with skunkworks at this time?JB

Was kinda disappointed about the J41, when it was announced. But after seeing those screen shots and doing a little research about the aircraft, I am now looking forward to it. Let the guessing games begin about the new airliner.

Dash 8:=====Right now the visual model is being constructed, and we anticipate the remainder of the development process starting approximately 1 week after then J41 is released.
About that Dash 8 thing (and any future regionals you decide to do)... Please do not forget to install a WORKING yaw damper! :(

Beautifully textured panels, lighting, I am extremely partial for textures as I am for fine wines. :(