Sign in to follow this  
avermeire

AICarriers2r2 Java error (SOLVED)

Dear all,After several months of search around internet to solve the JAV error dialog box at the start of FSX, I found the solution on a Java developers forum.A windows system file (mysteriously modified, maybe by a windows auto-update) that can be found under C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. it's the hosts file. Open it with notepad and add the following line if not there:127.0.0.1 localhostafter the following line. :: 1 localhostSave it to your desktop ( window won't allow you too save back in it original place. Then navigate back to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and override the existing file with the modified one from your desktop.That's it fire up FSX and enjoy AICarriers2r2. It solved my problem but some others may have another problem. Please note that AICarriers can't be fired up independantly from FSX. Its need to be fired up via the exe.xml file. The root ause is that IPv6 is incompatible with AICarriers and it need the IPv4 loopback address.Why is the hosts file modified? I don't know.Hope this will help and please feed back would be appreciated.Best regards,Amedee

Dear Amedee:Positively BRILLIANT! I have been trying to get AICarriers to work for weeks now, and had given up hope of ever getting it to work. Saw your post today and gave your suggestion a try as soon as I got home. It worked perfectly! There is absolutely no chance that I would have figured this out on my own. I know that your post will help others who are stuck as well. Cheers!Major V

Dear Amedee:Positively BRILLIANT! I have been trying to get AICarriers to work for weeks now, and had given up hope of ever getting it to work. Saw your post today and gave your suggestion a try as soon as I got home. It worked perfectly! There is absolutely no chance that I would have figured this out on my own. I know that your post will help others who are stuck as well. Cheers!Major V
Likewise! Had me baffled and this simple fix cured the problem entirely!Best regards,Roger.

Guest bullzidan

Hi. Been having the same problem as every body else. Did go in to the Host file and this is how it looked at the bottom.----------------------------------127.0.0.1 localhost::1 localhost----------------------------------I tried to put 123.... under ::1.However I can't seem to save the file. When i save it at my desktop it gets saved as a txt and when i paste it win dosen't ask me to replace. Maybe i should tell you i got Vista. Does that matter? And my carrier worked fine a few months ago and suddenly it was gone from FSX. I did use the auto installer when i first downloaded it and it worked fine but now i can't even use the auto installer. Some error messege comes upp.This is kind of why i bought FSX and would love it if it worked. Plz help me!

Maybe i should tell you i got Vista.
By default the file is protected by UAC in Vista.Turn off UAC. Modify the file. Save the file. Then turn UAC back on.

Guest bullzidan

Ok i added the line. bottom looks like this now.127.0.0.1 localhost::1 localhost127.0.0.1 localhosteven tried to remove the 127.... line above. Nothing. Is there something else ishould be doing? Read about some exe.xml file. Is that what i'am missing?

Guest bullzidan

I wonder were i should place the exe.xml file in Vista. And is it really suposed to be named EXE.XML.And Can someone put up there host file to download. I have done &@($* said on the net but still cant get the carrier menu to appear.....PLZ help me......

HiI have used this fix but the problem is that it does not last.The first time I added the lines within the hosts file with a space between each line,FSX loaded with no problem Java did not shut down therfore AiCarriers worked like a charm.Problem is when I came back two hours later to try another flight Java shut down again?I tried adding the lines again, this time with no space between the three lines,FSX loaded with no problem one more time and again the next time I loaded a flight the Java error was back?My Hosts file is not changing after I alter it therefore why does it only work one time?I think I am making the proper changes to the Hosts file it looks like this at the moment.127.0.0.1 localhost:: 1 localhost127.0.0.1 localhostAnyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance