Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmer

Graphics Probelm

Guest jimmer

Hi,I seem to be having a problem with my new graphics card i cannot see automatic guidance system because they are just lines like seen in the screenshot Please refer to my first screenshot which shows this. My second problem seems to be having lines going across my scenery in the background this also happens on buildings my second screenshots shows this. Do you have any ideas why this occuring?Your help would be much appreciated Sorry for the poor description however i'm not the best at computers My specs are:T150.UKCPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)Intel Brookdale-G i845GERam: 1535 MBGraphics: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series Agp 512MBHard Drive: 80GB Ultra DMA Hard drive(7200 rpm)Thanks in advance Jimmer

Guest Surfstud31

My guess is that it's the ATI HD 2400 card. I had the ATI 2600 XT a while back and pulled it out of my system in a matter of weeks because it just didn't do the job in FS. It was the only ATI card I was ever disappointed with. Great cards for HD movie viewing and stuff like that but for FS I found the ATI 2000 series of cards wanting.The good news is that ATI has come very far since the 2000 series of cards and I'd bet that either a 3000 or 4000 series card would solve the problem but of course that's no guarantee. It solved my problems however when I upgraded to the HD 3870 and never looked back. Not sure how many options you'll have with an AGP slot though (most are PCIe x16 2.0 now).Before doing anything make sure your video driver is up to date. If it is and problem perists (which is what happened to me) then ugrading may be the only option.