Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

Picture shaking

Guest tmond

I hv a problem with my picture shaking. Does anybody know of or who has had this problem?Tim,Canada

Is this during replay per chance? or in one of the spot views? Make sure youre using Locked Spot View if that is the case.

Also check your magnification. If it's too high the image will shake

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest tmond

It's in normal flying mode.None of the above that you two mentionedTim

It's in normal flying mode.None of the above that you two mentionedTim
So it happens all the time in every view? Cockpit, and outside the aircraft?

Do you mean screen or image tearing? You fix this fault by turning VSync on in your graphics drivers.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Hello:If by any chance you are describing the "Dynamic Head Movement" seen in Cockpit views, here's my FSX.cfg section settings to stop it:[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000MaxHeadAngle=0.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.000000HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000// LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000// LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000// RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000// YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000// RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000// MaxHeadAngle=5.000000// MaxHeadOffset=0.300000// HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]NOTE: If you are new to editing the FSX.cfg file, the "//" characters are used to "comment out" lines so they are ignored by FSX; the former entries are included here so you can see what was previously in place that allowed Dynamic Head Movement to work.Be sure to only edit the copy of FSX.cfg located in the right location (NOT the one in [FSX install path] root folder) Example - correct Windows XP location: "C:\Documents and Settings\[current account or profile name]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG"Hope this helps! :( GaryGB

Tim, my friend - you're going to have to give us some better description than "I hv a problem with my picture shaking."In twenty-six years I have never seen a "picture shaking", and by the guesses above nobody else understands "shaking", either, so try and describe exactly what you're seeing, when does it happen; what aircraft you're flying; how high are you; do you use TrackIR;I note one thing: you're using a 42" monitor - I assume you're hooked up to your TV. How are you feeding it? What is its native resolution and what do you have FSX set at?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest tmond

Will get back to youTim

I have tried to find a solution before a found this post.I have switched the momentumeffect in the camera.cfg and the aircraft.cfg at different positions to NO.At first what is the momentumeffect, same as Dynamic Head Movement?I am not sure anymore which ones I have changed, has it any negative influence if I let it and insert the text of GaryGB?

Guest tmond
I have tried to find a solution before a found this post.I have switched the momentumeffect in the camera.cfg and the aircraft.cfg at different positions to NO.At first what is the momentumeffect, same as Dynamic Head Movement?I am not sure anymore which ones I have changed, has it any negative influence if I let it and insert the text of GaryGB?
I was reffered to a Tech/Engineer By a fella on another forum.I got ahold of this "gruff" sounding fella.He is a consultant now retired whow used to work for microsoft.Very official business he now runs.....claims he has over 3500 clients.He told me he'll cinfigure my computer soley for FSX/fs9 with a picture like I've nener seen before. I took him up on it.Had to agree to a contract explaing all detals(legal)with a cost anywhere from 35. to 125.00He had the capability to enter my computer upon my agreement.When he did.......boy did he work fast.firstly he stormed through my computer and cleared things out like a mad devil. He told me exactly what addons to install and in what order.No fooling around. No rebooting.I thot to myself"Oh my god...what did I get into"I've been simming since 2003 always fighting picture problems.....spending money like you wouldn't believe hoping to improve my picture.No deal!!!! I have a 42" lcd DVI cabled and have a picture perfect FSXI've ever seen thanks to this retiree from microsfoft. I have 1 Terrabyte default drive with a external 500GB for my playground. :( Tim,Canada

I always need a while to adust my pilot's seat correct. Later I must correct it several times, that can annoy.1. What is the monumentumeffect?2. Can I let my changes to NO in the camera.cfg and the aircraft.cfg?3. Can I insert the [dynamicheadmovement] despite my changes before?

Guest UlfB
...I've been simming since 2003 always fighting picture problems.....spending money like you wouldn't believe hoping to improve my picture.No deal!!!! I have a 42" lcd DVI cabled and have a picture perfect FSX...
Hi Tim,Happy that you finally got your system and FSX tweaked and tuned :( What nVIDIA driver do you use? Do you use nHancer to reduce shimmering in FSX?

I have set all momentumeffects in the camera.cfg and aircraft.cfg to NO.I have changed the DynamicHeadMovement in the fsx.cfg.Nothing happened, still shaking around... :(

Guest tmond
Hi Tim,Happy that you finally got your system and FSX tweaked and tuned :( What nVIDIA driver do you use? Do you use nHancer to reduce shimmering in FSX?
195.62 & nHancerTim