Hi guys, just a quick question, flown through a couple of areas of reported nearby thunderstorms (within convective sigmets too) and don't really recall seeing many nasty towering cumulonimbus as I cruised, remember seeing them with ASV6.5, also as i remember ASV6 had an option to 'extend thunderstorm layers' up to about 20000 as i recall, ASA seems to have no such option. Just wondering what determines the cloud height and tops levels or if there's anything I can change to help this effect. I did check the FS9 written weather for one of the stations that ASA was reporting thunder storms at and it was showing thunderstorms 4/8 scattered but 'tops were at a dissapointing 6000ft, no other clouds. Havent really looked into this very much, thought i'd ask what was influencing cloud heights first. I have default weather settings in FSUIPC with no restrictions on cloud thickness. Using ASA B433 with FS9.1 ASG graphics and latest fsuipc. Thanks alotKind regards Mark

Hi Mark,The data and atmospheric conditions will determine the clouds and we have needed to limit the cloud heights based on user feedback.Thanks,

Thanks Jim, that's a tiny bit dissapointing, i'd have said they needed to be even bigger than before! What are they limited too may I ask? Surely not 6000ft, is there any way to unlimit them,fsuipc provides options for limiting cloud heights for people that dont want large ones, I have a very powerful machine and loved the ones ASV6 produced. Sorry to be a pain, it's no big deal really, just asking, cos I know you guys listen!. ThanksRegardsMark

Good morning,I have ben looking into that problem for days now, and thanks to Mark's question, I have an answer.Please guys, I was about to reinstal ASV6.5 just for thoses CB not depicted, could set up an option to let the customer choosing the max cloud height.thanks.Cyrille de Lattre

Hi,I can add this to the SP2 wish list, but that is way down the road and I'm not sure that we want to re-program this back in and then program a new option setting.Thanks,

Hi,I can add this to the SP2 wish list, but that is way down the road and I'm not sure that we want to re-program this back in and then program a new option setting.Thanks,
Hi, bad news to hear that weather items, important for a realistic cloud-scape, were simply downgraded for whatever reason and a positive change is way down the road. I'am dissapointed. I don't want to offend anybody, but in my eyes ASA is, also after SP1 still not as mature as one could wish and offers no significant advantage with regards to AS6.5. In the meantime I have gone back to AS6.5 and I am happy with a nearly perfect depiction of the atmosphere.Regards, Hans Wijnroks.

Hi,in my ASA (B433) are always many cloud layers up to FL 360.There are often more clouds as i want to have it.In all of my flights with FS9.1 and ASA SP1 there was no one situation,that ASA did show me a cloud free sky.I have always clouds...CAVOK Setting is to 40, and not data Cloudsetting is to 50%.Cirrus is on 30%.I have cloud layers set to maximum!But, thunderclouds i cannot see in B433.bevore SP1 thunderclouds were here up to FL400,but now, no thunderclouds....(the thunder i can hear)Alti

Hi,They still depend on weather conditions that a user cannot see, so the conditions are not right for such high clouds. We also, implemented code for no cumulus clouds above 25K. Now for that, I am not sure it is working properly and I will need to check with Damian.Thanks,