Sign in to follow this  
misgav

where's the videos stored?

Hi,I want to record a video of a flight and send it to a friend who is making a short movie for Youtube.I can use the built in video recorder inside FS9, and can play it back for my own viewing. That's easy.So question # 1 - is the video stored somewhere in the FS9 root directory?# 2-What format is the video file? MPEG? whatever?# 3- when my friend receives the video, can he see only what I recorded on the screen at any given moment, like spot view, vc etc, or does the file record all views simultaneously so the other viewer can also switch between these views?Eytan Ornstein

Hi,I want to record a video of a flight and send it to a friend who is making a short movie for Youtube.I can use the built in video recorder inside FS9, and can play it back for my own viewing. That's easy.So question # 1 - is the video stored somewhere in the FS9 root directory?# 2-What format is the video file? MPEG? whatever?# 3- when my friend receives the video, can he see only what I recorded on the screen at any given moment, like spot view, vc etc, or does the file record all views simultaneously so the other viewer can also switch between these views?Eytan Ornstein
If I remember correctly they are saved in the same folder as your saved flights. I am not at my regular computer now so cannot provide the exact path or extension name.FS2004 uses a special video format which cannot be played on anything other than another FS2004 setup.If you are planning to "share" your recording, it would be best to use a screen capture utility such as FRAPS which records to a standard format and which can be edited with Windows Movie Maker ot other editing software.Hope this helps.

Guest belga1

Hello,Only a suggestion:You can make better videos if you use FSrecorder (freeware)http://www.fs-recorder.netModus Operandi:Record a flight with FSrecorderReplay the flight with FSrecorder and record with FRAPShttp://www.fraps.com/or like.For reduce the size of your video .. edit with Movie Maker as suggested by Opa (builtin Windows OS)Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest napamule

I've seen videos at YouTube where it was obvious they used a Camcorder to shoot the monitor screen. I imagine you can then download (via USB) the video and open in any number of editors, even Win's Movie Maker if video is AVI (or, MPG, MP2, MPEG, MPE,MP2,WM,WMV OR ASF). After processing thru Win Movie Maker the file size will be reduced considerably. A 2 Gigb video file,of 3 minute (FRAPS ,avi) video could wind up being only 70 Mb. No programs to buy. Only catch is the sync of recorder and monitor might 'clash' and you'll get horiz bars. Depends on monitor, of course. I use FRAPS, registered version, and works perfect with live, instant replay, or FsRecorder replays (worth the $37).Chuck BNapamule

<Only a suggestion:You can make better videos if you use FSrecorder (freeware)http://www.fs-recorder.netModus Operandi:Record a flight with FSrecorderReplay the flight with FSrecorder and record with FRAPS>Thanks, this is the way to do it.Eytan