Sign in to follow this  
fanda

Upcoming Dash 8Q400 project information

Looks great! Alot of work going into that.As an aside, does anyone reading this have their Q300, if so what is it like for framerates, etc?

Nice to hear from you again! It's always good to have some competition in the complex addon market and yours sounds very promising, especially the ground handling engine. Wish you could provide more info on that!

The engine is actually not just ground handling, it is a complete ground and flight dynamics engine. More info can be found on http://www.jsbsim.com/This engine is also widely used in the automated controlling systems research, as well as the actual aircraft development and research projects.regards,Oleksiy

I have the Q300. It is not currently installed since I never got the engines started while awake. It has a straight forward checklist and I was quite familiar with the operations of the Dash 8 since I had been using the freeware Dash 8 in FS9 for years. I found a site that had realistic checklists and systems knowledge for various planes. I cannot find the URL anymore. I became frustrated because I followed the procedures from installation to interior checks and never got off the ground while awake.I have to laugh when I admit this, but one night I was fiddling around with the VC upper panel and clicked on something while I was half-asleep and the engines started and as I was nodding off I managed wake up and get the plane flying. I've never been able to repeat. The one thing I will admit is that Oleksiy Frolov of Majestic Software was very responsive to my requests to try and solve the non-starting mystery. I was surprised that I had extensive email exchanges with him for at least 4 or 5 days straight but still had problems. I might have had a bad FSUIPC for FSX because the Q300 worked fine in FS9. I will definitely look forward to the Q400 release.

Keith Guillory

We had a few cases when something was not working, like the engine or sound, but with some persistent communication we always got it right ;)On FSX the common case is that there are a few 3rd party addons that do block the simconnect interface from working, even when the addon itself is inactive. I must admit thought, that with FSX SP2 these problems are very rare..But it's true that it is a very complex addon, and on certain systems it may need some work to get it working. In all such cases we do not give up until we win though, because for most people who use our Q300 especially for the training, giving up on a problem is not an option as there is no other affordable software for the Q300 that would allow the procedure training at home .regars,Oleksiy