Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

Windows 7 experience

Guest ziporama

Updated Vista 64 to Windows 7 64 (RTM):My observations:- the compatiblity advisor beta update flagged my TrackIR 3 (running on V4 software) and my A/V solution as incompatible. It was incorrect on TrackIR (works fine), and correct on the A/V (Trend Micro). They have a beta for Windows 7 that I had to hunt down and obtain. - update ran in about 3 hours (or less, I left it alone and went to see a movie).- first login following the update took a very long time, about 5 minutes. Second login about 1 minute. Third login about 20 seconds. File cleanup I suppose.- could not run any 3D games on the NVidia driver it installed, downloaded the latest and it worked. The symptoms were a black screen followed by a return to desktop (no errors). Now running 190.x Windows 7 drivers.- could not see any CH Product gaming controllers even if the CH manager saw them (they were on the list in CH Manager and the device list in control panel, but not visible through the gaming controller "window" list) - games could not enumerate them. Had to re-install the CH driver and all started working again. CH Product Manager 4.51 is what I'm using - works just fine in Windows 7.- Boot time seems to take a bit longer longer than with Vista 64.- Program load time is quite a bit shorter (from double-click to a window popping up). FSX does take about the same to load.- So far all the games work just fine, including FSX and the plethora of add-ons my retirement fund is going to.- UAC is markedly improved and wasn't "in the face".- Things generally seem faster once you get started. Didn't yet see a "wow" increase in FPS having no frame of reference - I'd say same to a bit better in an unscientific way.- NTFS hard links didn't cross the update - I had a couple in my scenery folders and I had to recreate them.Will report back if anything else comes up. Cheers,