Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Weird light on Aerosoft F-16

Can someone help me out here? Why do I have this random light suspended beneath my nose?f16weirdlight.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't have the F-16, but that's where the landing light on an F-16 is when the gear are extended. Are the landing lights on? I've seen that sort of thing in other aircraft in FSX.

Guest Hardwater

Think it's a bug with aerosoft I have the same thing, but shutting off the landing light (left Mid console) will turn it off.

I don't have the F-16, but that's where the landing light on an F-16 is when the gear are extended. Are the landing lights on? I've seen that sort of thing in other aircraft in FSX.

Thanks, yeah its like they forgot to turn off the FX when gear not extended, shouldn't have been too tough I would imagine??

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It is a trivial matter to script a tiny, invisible XML "gauge" to automatically turn off the landing lights when the gear is retracted...Cut-and-paste the following to notepad.exe, save in a folder named NoseGearLight, and name the file NoseGearLight.xmlPlace the ..\NoseGearLight folder in your a/c's ..\panel folder, and add the new gauge to the [VCockpit01] entry of the panel.cfg file:gaugeXX=NoseGearLight!NoseGearLight, 0,0,1,1 (where XX is the next highest number)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Gauge Name="NoseGearLight" Version="1.0">  <Element>	<Rectangle Width="10" Height="10" LineWidth="2" Color="Black" Fixed="Yes"/>	  </Element>  <Element>		<Select>		  (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 		  (A:GEAR CENTER POSITION,percent) 10 < 		  and 		  if{ (>K:KEY_LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE)		</Select>	</Element></Gauge>

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest dswo

Thank you, Fr. Bill. It may, as you say, be a "trivial matter," but most of us wouldn't have known where to start, so we are in your debt.

Guest tcable

I believe that the F-16 does turn off the lights (landing and taxi) automatically when the gear is commanded up, so don't feel like this is a crutch.

I must have done something wrong , because that didn't workIn the main panel folder (most models are aliased to the main folder), I have a folder called NoseGearLight, and inside the file NoseGearLight.xml residesI didn't have a Vcockpit0 section, only a Vcockpit01, where I added the gauge line aboveHere's the section:[Vcockpit01]//file=F-16_1.bmpBackground_color=0,0,0size_mm=512,512visible=1pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$F-16_1gauge00=HUD!HUD, 0,46,254,264gauge01=VIPER!DED, 258,1,159,63gauge02=VIPER!RADIO, 0,0,1,1gauge03=VIPER!flaps_control, 0,0,1,1gauge04=SCControl!CTRL, 0,0,1,1gauge05=VIPER!AS_SB, 0,0,1,1gauge06=MFD!LMFD, 6,310,165,170gauge07=MFD!RMFD, 182,310,165,170gauge08=VIPER!ex_light_control, 0,0,1,1gauge09=VIPER!AS_Mastercaution, 0,0,1,1gauge10=NoseGearLight!NoseGearLight, 0,0,1,1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I must have done something wrong , because that didn't workIn the main panel folder (most models are aliased to the main folder), I have a folder called NoseGearLight, and inside the file NoseGearLight.xml residesI didn't have a Vcockpit0 section, only a Vcockpit01, where I added the gauge line above
No, the problem is mine... Fr. Stupid didn't bother to actually test the script himself, so missed a few minor syntax errors... :( Here is tested script that will work:
<Gauge Name="NoseGearLight" Version="1.0">  <Element>	<Rectangle Width="1" Height="1" LineWidth="1" Color="#000000"/>  </Element>  <Element>	<Select>		<Value>			(A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 1 ==			(A:GEAR CENTER POSITION,percent) 10 <			and			if{ (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) }		</Value>	</Select>  </Element></Gauge>

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest mangold

Guten Tag n4gixYour 2nd .xml for automatic landing light OFF is working fine with my aerosoft f16. Thank you very much.If I understand correctly the automatic light-OFF is only usefull when executing an overshoot out of landing configuraton with landing light ON.Night TAKE OFFs I think are not done with landing lights ON but perhaps with taxi light ON.Your modification however does NOT cover automatic taxi light OFF.Could be usefull to extend your modification also for taxi light.My English is not perfect. Hope I expressed myself comprehesivelyRegards G

Thank you, this new code works! Appreciate it Bill!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |